Pro's and Con's of sacking off a motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it's every 10 minutes at peak time.
Ah well that's canny. The opportunity for a beer after work should be the clincher mind.

Get shoes with grips for the winter too. My work shoes were always those poncy types with nee grip on the soles. Had a couple of embarrassing falls in the winter.

You just wait until it rains and then you get drenched walking on the pavement when some driver drives through a puddle. You'll be sorry. Mark my words.

£150 a month is £1800 over the year. Have you already subtracted travel costs?

Weigh up the pros and cons, with the cons being:

1. Less flexibility over travel to and from work, planning your routine around the bus times
2. Increase travel time - how might this piss you off?
3. Getting to and from work on days when there is no service.
1. 8-30 to 4-30 every day, work fine if I come in late as I can just stay behind.
2. Probably an extra 30-40 minutes on journey time, I'm up early anyways and just normally piss about wasting time on a morning anyways.
3. Can work from home.

1. 8-30 to 4-30 every day, work fine if I come in late as I can just stay behind.
2. Probably an extra 30-40 minutes on journey time, I'm up early anyways and just normally piss about wasting time on a morning anyways.
3. Can work from home.

When you can read. The other bit is exercise. Get it done.

3. Can work from home.

If you've got those flexible working times and the ability to work from home when necessary, then saving £150 seems canny.

How much will it cost you with a monthly/yearly bus and/or metro pass? Bus travel can be bloody expensive, about £600 a year for a Durham district one for example, no idea where you live like.

If you've got those flexible working times and the ability to work from home when necessary, then saving £150 seems canny.

How much will it cost you with a monthly/yearly bus and/or metro pass? Bus travel can be bloody expensive, about £600 a year for a Durham district one for example, no idea where you live like.
£91 for all zones for 4 weeks, but im sure the company has some sort of corporate deal where you get an annual pass at a discounted rate.

It's all making sense, fuck it, I'm going to do it.

£91 for all zones for 4 weeks, but im sure the company has some sort of corporate deal where you get an annual pass at a discounted rate.

It's all making sense, fuck it, I'm going to do it.

That's canny, but lets say your travel comes to £100 a month - is it really worth giving up the car for just £50? If someone said to you right now, for £100 a month you can get to work on the bus or for £150 you can take the car and have the advantage of a second motor sitting there if you need it, what would you take?

That's canny, but lets say your travel comes to £100 a month - is it really worth giving up the car for just £50? If someone said to you right now, for £100 a month you can get to work on the bus or for £150 you can take the car and have the advantage of a second motor sitting there if you need it, what would you take?
Car costs about £250 a month including petrol, then maintenance in top of that.

Well I think it's quite clear we have uncovered the real reason for getting rid of the car. Let him keep telling himself he can just 'walk' that food and drink off :lol:
What food options have a got at Park Lane, only Gregg's ain't there, can't eat it, f***ing kills me.

Car costs about £250 a month including petrol, then maintenance in top of that.

What food options have a got at Park Lane, only Gregg's ain't there, can't eat it, f***ing kills me.

Ah, gotcha, thought you hadn't already taken bus fare and that in. Well in that case, that's a canny saving and if it can be done with relative ease - go for it. That's nearly £2000 a year, think what you could do with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back