So that's the conspiracy theorists f***ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whiners are just using this for their fun after the disappointment of us not being relegated.

The implication there is that we didn't actually want Advocaat to stay or Borini to join us when the evidence says something different.

Not at all, there is a possibility we wanted both, and doubted either would be plausible.

Conspiracy theorists could argue that it is a convenient conclusion, a bit like offering £14m for a player that clearly has no interest in being here, and pursuing him for 3 months, I mean it shows we were willing to spend £14m right?
Aye mate, they definitely knew they when the offered the money. Aye.

The whiners are just using this for their fun after the disappointment of us not being relegated.

The implication there is that we didn't actually want Advocaat to stay or Borini to join us when the evidence says something different.
Where are the fans who wanted us to go down then? I keep seeing this posted.

Having Dick at the club has been superb, he has raised our profile, spoken in glowing terms about us, and the people, the facilities.

We have retained our league status, an now we start again, with a huge opportunity.

There are NO negatives, that does not mean that we expected him to stay, we simply don't know, and if the board choose wisiely now we will be in a great position, with a friend to tap up for his input, I would say that is a great situation.

Having Dick at the club has been superb, he has raised our profile, spoken in glowing terms about us, and the people, the facilities.

We have retained our league status, an now we start again, with a huge opportunity.

There are NO negatives, that does not mean that we expected him to stay, we simply don't know, and if the board choose wisiely now we will be in a great position, with a friend to tap up for his input, I would say that is a great situation.
Oi what you doing here with all your sensible positive shite - it'll never catch on

hopefully those intent on belittling the club over this will shut the fuck up. They've played a blinder in appointing dick and its just a shame he didnt want to stay.

My opinion was,if he was delaying his decision,he was looking more to retirement than another job.Good luck in whatever he does.He did a good job for us,and i hope he was well rewarded for it.Enjoy your retirement Dick.

We are now a step further back though.The new man will have to spend time assessing what he's got,before buying or selling.

Label me how you will mate I'm past caring. I'll be convinced by the "hard facts" the day Short lands a top class manager and backs him with cash, until then I'll remain cynical about anything the club says and I have good reason to feel this way. I'm not suggesting I know how this will pan out, all I know is that I've been hearing these board statements and promises for the thick end of sixty years and almost every single one of them have proven to be bullshit.
You were wrong yesterday to say it wasn't personal reasons. In fact you implied it was down to the transfer kitty.

You were wrong.

Well I'm pleased to see that, initially I thought that transfer funds etc may have been the stumbling block.

And fair play to Dick for turning down the wages when he could have took the job and the money and then done a MoN 3 days a week type half arsed job of it. Shows the mans integrity and he's gone up even higher in my estimation.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back