St Georges Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll see them on every ad break, on many TV shows, there'll be one flying outside the SOL, loads of brands use them on their logos, every public building will fly one, there'll be a little sticker of one on thousands of products in your supermarket, in about 6 weeks every other car will be flying one.

There's one 6 posts up from yours.

Flags are absolutely everywhere. They're so ubiquitous that it's easy not to notice.

You are right then, I do miss all of them!
I don't buy into the ''it offends people' but I don't see them very often at all.

all banter aside - I just can't get my head around how any country can get into a position where their official flag can be deemed offensive to a section of people in that same country, and anyone actually listen. Total F'ing madness.
Link?

Will some one please answer my question ?
WHEN IS IT ?

Three things.
1. f***ing Google it.
2. If you don't know, you don't deserve to have it as a holiday.
3. It's the same day as Shakespeare's Birthday - a far more impressive person, and we know he actually existed.

The top dogs don't need a 'special day', let the little fellas keep their yearly rituals (AKA small time clubs syndrome), just relax in the fact you wake every morning English ;)

That. Is. Brilliant.

It appears to me that the people who celebrate are those who contribute the least to society.
Unemployable fuckwits with job stopper tattoos drinking in shithole pubs ''proud to be English''...then having a kebab

This.
Last time I saw what was either an EDL rally or St George's Day (hard to tell which) in Manchester, there was an asian family in a car, happily minding their own business and a load of knuckle draggers were waving flags at them and flipping the v's.

Some "people" really are oxygen thieves.

Three things.
1. f***ing Google it.
2. If you don't know, you don't deserve to have it as a holiday.
3. It's the same day as Shakespeare's Birthday - a far more impressive person, and we know he actually existed.

He definitely existed but did he write all the plays attributed to him?

It appears to me that the people who celebrate are those who contribute the least to society.
Unemployable fuckwits with job stopper tattoos drinking in shithole pubs ''proud to be English''...then having a kebab

Im employed, have no tattoos, tend to avoid shithole pubs and would never have a kebab. I am capable of being a fuckwit mind. Then again though Im not celebrating. Probably just having a few of the chaps round for a pot of tea whilst all dressed as knights.

Got two days Holiday in. Jacksons during the day then stumble around Sunderland on the night.

Does the Jackson make an event of it? do a nice spread? Any special ales to make the occasion? Or just the usual?

This.
Last time I saw what was either an EDL rally or St George's Day (hard to tell which) in Manchester, there was an asian family in a car, happily minding their own business and a load of knuckle draggers were waving flags at them and flipping the v's.

Some "people" really are oxygen thieves.

Asian family (from Sri Lanka) who live next door to my mate celebrate it actually. He says the bait they knock up is amazing.

Oh I'm sorry, are we comparing the immortal bard to some turk who killed "a dragon"?
Let me get out my scales of logic and smash them into your argument.

Er...no. I just aked if Shakespeare wrote all the plays thar were attributed to him. As far as I am aware there is some debate on the subject. I never once compared him to anyone, so you can take your scales of logic and shove them up your arse.

Asian family (from Sri Lanka) who live next door to my mate celebrate it actually. He says the bait they knock up is amazing.

My grandad smoked 80 untipped Capstan super strength every day and was killed by a bus on his 92nd birthday on his way to post his London Marathon forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back