Sunderland A&E

as a labour voter got me daily mail head on with a and e queues, why should treat fuckers who contribute fuck all to society and no contribution to nhs and turn up because od'd on Fostaz ?

Don't worry, here in Spain we have the same, your'e told, if you need to go to urgencias, DO NOT GO ON A MONDAY, and guess what, last Monday we had to go there, a foriegn object in the eye. 1 hour to see the tirage nurse then stand around with lots of malingerers looking for a baja (Sick note), luckily JueInSpain was seen after 6 hours and we were back home for 21:00.

Happy days.

If the A&E were like the one I ended up in Lisbon nobody would go unless they were dying. Wellington had better field hospitals against Napoleon.

They should bring back the old public information films. I seem to remember one with a bloke sitting in A&E holding a tennis racket. 'I think I've pulled a muscle' he says rubbing his shoulder. Just then a seriously hurt person gets wheeled in from an ambulance.
Yes, the government cuts have made things a lot worse and not just in A & E, but there are clearly a lot of thick people misusing the service too.

Older people are the lowest users of A&E. Children are the highest by a long way. Pensioners have also contributed a hell of a lot more in taxes than the scratter classes that are getting mentioned on this thread.

I'm not really making any point here at all. But while that is technically true when you look at admissions per age group, it's because there are fewer of them as a percentage of the population. Below is the admission rate per 100k of the population.

| Age Group | Admission rate per 100,000 Population |
|-----------|-----------------------------|
| 0-9 | 61,104.82 |
| 10-19 | 37,977.42 |
| 20-29 | 43,002.95 |
| 30-39 | 37,902.53 |
| 40-49 | 32,606.92 |
| 50-59 | 31,267.60 |
| 60-69 | 33,634.95 |
| 70-79 | 41,186.40 |
| 80-89 | 67,782.83 |
| 90+ | 93,930.54 |

Hospital Accident & Emergency Activity, 2022-23 - NHS Digital

For those over 65 (pensioners), it is a rate per 100k of 47,696. Which puts above any demographic bar the very youngest in society. This is why the ageing population is such a massive issue for the NHS (and something absolutely no politician appears to want to talk about!)

Exactly right! My 93 year old mother fell out of bed and cut and bruised the whole of her left arm. My 89 year old dad took her in a taxi to Bunny Hill (it was evening so GP closed) because he knew it wasn't an ambulance job but needed cleaning, dressing, possibly stitches. They refused to even look at her injury as she didn't have an appointment.

They had to go home again and dad tried to bind her arm up as best he could.

Absolute disgrace. What happened to the drop in at Bunny Hill that was so good before?
Bet they would treat druggies or drinks though!
Shocking treatment of elderly, honest people.

Back