Sunderland consider Danny Welbeck from Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the goals he missed for man utd were criminal

At least he gets in the right positions to miss chances

Altidore must seriously have had about 5 shots in total spread over 33 games last year.

Welbeck would improve our team

Don't let facts get in the way of a ridiculous argument man. Got 10 in 36 last year for United, most of those from off the bench and/or not playing up front. But aye he's not very good and can't score at all.

Seriously mate, some of our fans are thicker than bulls lugs!

Scored nearly 1 in 3 for England - canny. He'd be an excellent signing and better than Borini. Unlike Man City selling Rodwell I'm surprised Man Utd are willing to sell, I'd imagine most United fans would like to keep him.

Dont think he anywhere as good as Borini less of an allround game. Think Manu fans be happy enough to see him go when you have the likes of rooney, rvp , hernandez wellbeck is hardly top of your list to keep

Dont think he anywhere as good as Borini less of an allround game. Think Manu fans be happy enough to see him go when you have the likes of rooney, rvp , hernandez wellbeck is hardly top of your list to keep
I know it proves nothing but I checked on Redcafe and to a man the Man Utd fans on there were positive about Welbeck, saying, in general, he was a miss to the team. Contrast that with their view on Cleverly who they all want rid of or Liverpool fans view of Borini. They may be wrong but it appears Man Utd fans rate Welbeck whereas Liverpool fans are less keen on Fabio.

I know it proves nothing but I checked on Redcafe and to a man the Man Utd fans on there were positive about Welbeck, saying, in general, he was a miss to the team. Contrast that with their view on Cleverly who they all want rid of or Liverpool fans view of Borini. They may be wrong but it appears Man Utd fans rate Welbeck whereas Liverpool fans are less keen on Fabio.

Fair enough but Borini is better for me but would have wellbeck as a second choice. Would improve our team but like i said think Wickham can go on to be a better player I know he has only shown a glimpse of what he can do but if and its a big if he has the right attitude can be a top player

The only thing that gives me a crumb of comfort is that he played on loan for us a few years back. Apart from that I do not expect him to even consider us given his starting position.

Welbeck is one of those confidence players, he will play well and score a lot in a team where the fans are 100% behind him. Like last time he was here, we f***ing loved him and I'd say he had a successful stint. Unlike at United, where he was down the pecking order, and couldn't register a connection with the fans. If he signed a permanent deal, and returned 15+ goals he would be on his way to be the SAFC legend that Bent could have been.
Where as would Borini, always be looking for something else...?

He couldn't score goals in a better man utd team
Did you watch the first time here
Fast as fuck yes
Couldn't score in a brothel

Welbeck scores 0.55 goals every 90 minutes for Man Utd. That's better than 1 in 2. Which of our strikers scores more? In comparison, Borini scored 0.29 goals every 90 minutes for us and over half pif them were from the penalty spot.

You forgot to mention , he only turns it on when in the mood , which is becoming rarer as he gets older , most of the time he strolls around doing fuck all which is why he can't get a start for utd even when rvp and chico are injured.

He scores more than Borini, his pass completion is higher, he wins the ball more and he breaks up more opposition attacks. If he's better than Borini at those, and only turns up half of the time, then I would love to see what he's like when fully motivated.

You forgot to mention , he only turns it on when in the mood , which is becoming rarer as he gets older , most of the time he strolls around doing fuck all which is why he can't get a start for utd even when rvp and chico are injured.
Well perhaps a move to pastures new under new management and with an emphasis on attacking possession football at a club that are looking to build their way up might help him?

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd much rather we sign Danny. This embarrassing Borini saga has gone so far that even if he did sign he'd need to get 20+ this season to feel worth it all and that won't happen.

Welbeck and Borini are both 1 in3 or 1 in 4 forwards who graft hard for their team, either would be a very good signing, both would be unbelievable business. One of the current strikers would have to be moved on.

Welbeck, Borini, Wickham, Johnson, Buckley, Giaccherini as our 6 'front 3' players would be canny.

I would take Danny Welbeck any day before the spick Borini classier & more accomplished Striker ....

Excuse me but if we did make an approach wouldn't it be Welbeck who considered us and not the other way round?

nope. Chance to resurrect his career going to a club on the up instead of down. If we chose to have him he'd be mad to go elsewhere - what are his options? Hull with the pie-man, learn French and go up the road? The thing that needs to be 'considered' is do we splash £14M+on him if Borini falls through.

There's been some absolute beauties in this thread mind. I can't believe people think he's shite.

People forget he was only a bairn when he was here and it was his first proper PL season. He's improved a lot since then.

He'd be a brilliant signing.

I remember it as a highly successful loan and everyone was clammering for him to sign...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back