Sunderland European attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have 800 types of beer as well ?

Well, for me it's not about quantity, but quality. I don't care if it's only 100 types if the flavours are right. But since you ask, and as Lambchops indicates - there are 40 plus 'proper' breweries in CZ (a country of just 10.5m) along with 250 micro breweries serving their own restaurants or small group of restaurants.

Ostrava is an amazing place. It reminded me of visiting gran in Co Durham as a wee nipper in 1958 - all slag heaps and cable ways and hissing pipes, and you can smell the coal dust in the air. I suppose it'll all be golf courses and shopping centres in another decade.

Well, for me it's not about quantity, but quality. I don't care if it's only 100 types if the flavours are right. But since you ask, and as Lambchops indicates - there are 40 plus 'proper' breweries in CZ (a country of just 10.5m) along with 250 micro breweries serving their own restaurants or small group of restaurants.

Ostrava is an amazing place. It reminded me of visiting gran in Co Durham as a wee nipper in 1958 - all slag heaps and cable ways and hissing pipes, and you can smell the coal dust in the air. I suppose it'll all be golf courses and shopping centres in another decade.

Same for me and I haven't had a bad Belgium beer yet and I go every 12 weeks, try a different one every day I am there.

I saw a champions league game in the San Siro mate and its superb

Logon or register to see this image

Would love to see our lot line up in the San Siro, Champions League music blasting - would be quality

Logon or register to see this image
Fair play, mate; a Champions League game.

I was only in Milan for a few hours so swung by the stadium for the tour. I'd been on the tour of both Madrid clubs just a week or so beforehand, which were top notch - especially the Vicente Calderon - so the San Siro tour seemed a bit rushed.

Fair play, mate; a Champions League game.

I was only in Milan for a few hours so swung by the stadium for the tour. I'd been on the tour of both Madrid clubs just a week or so beforehand, which were top notch - especially the Vicente Calderon - so the San Siro tour seemed a bit rushed.

Aye I did the tour of the Bernabau and it is excellent - to be fair though all of these tours are walking round empty buildings so its more about the museums and seeing stuff you wouldn't usually see - Stadiums don't really come alive until a matchday for me

Aye them special european nights at Roker Park, straight from work with your haversack containing your empty flask and bait box, few pints of Lorimers into the ground the wind howling through the back of the Fulwell dust and litter flying about, glare of the floodlights, smell of hot bovril, half time pies. Couple of pints after the game, bus home, fish lot. Aye magic nights.Fantastic european record for a 2nd Div club played 4 won 3.
Was at both the home games, against Vasas and Sporting Lisbon, but the crowds were disappointing. Still, there can't be many teams that have a 75% win ratio in European games!

Aye I did the tour of the Bernabau and it is excellent - to be fair though all of these tours are walking round empty buildings so its more about the museums and seeing stuff you wouldn't usually see - Stadiums don't really come alive until a matchday for me

There's something quite eerie about an empty stadium, for me, but I know what you mean. Ideally I'd have liked to have gone to a game but the fixtures didn't line up with the dates I was in both Milan and Madrid.

The San Siro tour was very restricted where as the Bernabeu was superb. As was the V. Calderon where there was a guide that took us round and translated in in French and English. The V. Calderon was the best tour, they let us walk out the tunnel from the changing rooms with the Atletico matchday anthem playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back