The 3 lasses who went to syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just let whoever wants to go leave. Then put a traveling ban on their passports. What a big boring waste of time and resources this has been ffs.

I can't help but feel things like this begin at home. Either kids are picking opinions up from parents or a lack of interest from parents means they spend time picking it up from others.

I'm not even an armchair psychologist so I could be way off but I would imagine the paths to any extremist group, be it a Muslim one or the likes of the EDL will be similar. I can't get my head around how you go from protesting in a safe country to boarding a plane and sneaking into a war zone though.

My mate's parents weren't around much and now he votes Tory. I blame the mother. :lol:

Not to the extent of the Mail.
The Guardian, which many hold up as some paragon of virtue, has had Moazzam Begg writing for them. A man with some very dubious links and connections to extremist groups and individuals.
What has The Guardian got to do with it? This has been widely reported across the media and if the Mail were the chief source then that's ok. The bloke is a f***ing idiot but it doesn't mean the Mail aren't generally pandering to their core readership. I get baffled by this. Newspapers, or their media equivalent, pander to people who think a particular way. They can all claim great stories / exposes, so why pick one out above any others?

I agree The Guardian can go too far with it's 'liberal' content but you should just take a broad-based view of what's being said and make your own mind up. The puzzle page in The Daily Mail is quite good, though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...TLEJOHN-No-Britain-not-blame-Jihadi-John.html

Who would disagree with this for example...(I've used this as it is linked to the story featured in my thread post)

Just a quick scan of it tells me it's an emotionally charged heap of shit.

"
This is an attempt to excuse their behaviour and liken them to helpless victims of sexual abuse.
"

What has The Guardian got to do with it? This has been widely reported across the media and if the Mail were the chief source then that's ok. The bloke is a f***ing idiot but it doesn't mean the Mail aren't generally pandering to their core readership. I get baffled by this. Newspapers, or their media equivalent, pander to people who think a particular way. They can all claim great stories / exposes, so why pick one out above any others?

I agree The Guardian can go too far with it's 'liberal' content but you should just take a broad-based view of what's being said and make your own mind up. The puzzle page in The Daily Mail is quite good, though.

I quote my Granda: "Daily Mail. Bloody awful paper. I like the puzzle though."

This can be said for ALL parents. Regardless of their religion.
There was a great comment from Chris Rock (I think) in one of his shows.

Parent says "I take care of my kids!" like it's an achievement.
"You're supposed to you dumb motherfucker!"
Funnily enough, he was specifically talking about black blokes.

"

I quote my Granda: "Daily Mail. Bloody awful paper. I like the puzzle though."
Aye, my Mam and Dad get it every day and I'm pretty sure they're not the target audience. Ms Z-Nemesis made a good point the other day that once you get beyond about Page 5 it becomes a 'sort-of' chat magazine. I don't really mind it and it is sometimes (unintentionally) hysterically funny, especially once the Royal family are involved.

He was talking about n****** compared black people wasn't he?

Edit: censored that, not sure if it's bannable.
It shouldn't be. From what I remember, he was talking about black blokes saying they looked after their kids as if it was something special and pointing out that it should be a responsibility for anyone. You're probably right that he was working on the basis that 'nigga' has become a reverse badge of pride in some ways.

Or women to be fair
Yep, the 'baby momma' culture. There isn't anything wrong with criticising this no matter what ethnic backgound we're talking about. It's always a bit sickening seeing some halfwit teenager ignoring the bairn in the pushchair because they're on the phone. As usual, part of a much wider debate.

Labour MP Ian Austin said: ‘It is extraordinary that this man blamed the police, the Government, the school, the Turkish government and everyone else for his daughter’s decision to go to Syria but failed to mention his own involvement in an appalling Islamist rally. Perhaps the committee should invite Mr Hussen back so he can explain what he was doing.’

Love this shit

Brilliantly put by Austin there, all that needs to be said.

Would rather have that rag in my country than Muslims
Couldn't care less about someone's race or religion. I hate the idea of pushing the idea of "Britishness" on people (I don't even know how to define it) but if you immigrate the needs to be something about taking on the nation's values. Besides, if we didn't have Muslims who would run the off licences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back