The Beatles

Status
Not open for further replies.

About what??? The 60's was riddled with f***ing great stuff. The Beatles had the backing of the Simon Cowell of their day. They invented fuck all...

On a par with peachbums 'they were just a boyband' drivel here mind. Even if you don't appreciate their music they were colossal.

Excellent point. Some posters are confusing the two imo.

Queen are my favourite, but The Beatles are/were better.

Aye I don't think people can get their head around the 2. Personally I couldn't pick between between Oasis, The Smiths & The Stone Roses as my favourite. I know people will hate them 3 bands.

But The Beatles are the greatest, no matter what you think of them.

Closing in on 50 years since they broke up and they are the still best known group on the planet.

And some dweebs think it was all beacuse of some radio promotion back in their day. Get a grip.

About what??? The 60's was riddled with f***ing great stuff. The Beatles had the backing of the Simon Cowell of their day. They invented fuck all...

Brian Epstein was the manager of a record shop in Liverpool. To compare him with Simon Cowell is utter nonsense. Also, the Beatles gigged solidly for two years before Epstein even took them on. Served their time if you like.

The old "The Beatles were a boyband" cliche is extremely lazy and badly thought out.

Interesting that Rolling Stone magazine rated it the most important rock n roll album ever made:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...-sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band-20120531

I think theres a difference between "most important" and "best". Revolver & Rubber Soul are far better albums but Peppers will always be deemed more important in the development of musical history.

Used to live next to Penny Lane as well. I'm sure the Japanese/Yanks etc who visited were slightly underwhelmed as it's just a normal suburban street.

I used to walk past Abbey Rd on my way to work and the number of saddoes still getting their picture taken on the zebra crossing is mind blowing. Theyre at it all day every day relentlessly from all ower the globe.

I used to walk past Abbey Rd on my way to work and the number of saddoes still getting their picture taken on the zebra crossing is mind blowing. Theyre at it all day every day relentlessly from all ower the globe.
Still happening. If you google it there's a webcam looking down In the crossing.

Some real idiots at times dicing with death. I used to try and drive down there if I was coming in from St Albans etc but now studiously avoid if possible.

From Rubber Soul to Abbey Road in just four years. Mind boggling the amount of stuff they released in that period that other bands would struggle and probably fail to do over a life time. Even a lot of material before that was class and way ahead of its day like Ticket to Ride, I Feel Fine etc etc.

Love the other big 60s rock and roll bands as well including the Stones but the Beatles blow the lot out the water. There's a reason they're still talked about the way they are 50 years later...

Its testament to their catalogue that we can all name numerous Beatles songs and know quite a lot of the words.

Other than Abba I can't think of any and that have such a well known catalogue

Its testament to their catalogue that we can all name numerous Beatles songs and know quite a lot of the words.

Other than Abba I can't think of any and that have such a well known catalogue
A young lad by the name of Elvis Aaron Presley might come close like, or so I heard some Wise Men Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back