"The Conservative party would have us believe that the poor deserve to be punished"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tories hold £25k champagne party before announcing huge benefits cuts

David Cameron and George Osborne were the guests of honour at a lavish £25,000 party – just hours before they unveiled savage spending cuts.

The Prime Minister and Chancellor joined more than 60 senior Tories at one of Britain’s top restaurants for the exclusive event.

Billionaire financier Michael Spencer hosted and paid for the “thank you” bash at the Michelin-starred Simpsons restaurant in Birmingham on Monday night as he stood down after four years as Tory Party treasurer.

His guests enjoyed a four-course meal washed down with champagne and up to 24 bottles of Pétrus – dubbed “the most expensive wine in the world”.

The next morning Mr Osborne hammered home his “we’re all in this together” message at the Tory conference – confirming his plans to axe child benefit payments to 1.2million families.

More

Let them eat cake! f***ing tory wankers :lol:

The way I see it is that the Conservatives are attempting to end the something for nothing society.

If a person is able to work why shouldn't they contribute to society?

Labour allowed a whole generation to sit on the backsides and see benefits as their God given right.

This was not only a insult to all the tax payers in this country. It was also a betrayal to the unemployed themselves.

What about someone who has paid into the system for 30 years like me? I'm being treated like a scrounging twat by the DWP, cheers IDS :neutral:

David Cameron and George Osborne were the guests of honour at a lavish £25,000 party – just hours before they unveiled savage spending cuts.

The Prime Minister and Chancellor joined more than 60 senior Tories at one of Britain’s top restaurants for the exclusive event.

Billionaire financier Michael Spencer hosted and paid for the “thank you” bash at the Michelin-starred Simpsons restaurant in Birmingham on Monday night as he stood down after four years as Tory Party treasurer.

His guests enjoyed a four-course meal washed down with champagne and up to 24 bottles of Pétrus – dubbed “the most expensive wine in the world”.

The next morning Mr Osborne hammered home his “we’re all in this together” message at the Tory conference – confirming his plans to axe child benefit payments to 1.2million families.

More
They're always pointing the finger at the unemployed, insinuating that they are parasites on our society.

There is an old proverb (from the Middle East ironically), something like:
"Be aware that when you point your finger at someone, three of your fingers are pointing back at yourself."

Quite appropriate I thought.

More

Big fan of Simpsons but never had the budget to go mental on the Petrus. If you're in Brum give it a go.

Does anyone really care - they're rich and can afford it.

2) To scrap the existing European Human Rights legislation and have a replacement act which only applies to the UK.

:lol:

The human rights act really annoys the tories, scrap that and they can kill of way more benefit claimaints, and make life worse for everyone else to.. (apart from those at the top)

I think you'll find that it was the Thatcher administration which encouraged anyone who had been unemployed for over 12 months to migrate to Incapacity Benefits without any assessment reviews to determine whether they were fit for work! It was Labour who introduced the assessment reviews .......

Not true, incapacity benefit was introduced in 1995 thatcher was not in power in 95.

Do you believe the benefit culture of the last Labour Government should continue?

What, you mean the culture of throwing ill / dying people off the sick and falsely claiming they are ok?
The culture of demonising the sick and disabled and falsely labelling the majority of them as fakers and criminals?
The culture of radical welfare reforms across the board, making life much harder for people on welfare?

It is continuing under the tories.

And Labour did what in their 13 years in office, made it worse.

Pray tell, what did labour do?

Last edited by a moderator:
The human rights act really annoys the tories, scrap that and they can kill of way more benefit claimaints, and make life worse for everyone else to.. (apart from those at the top)

Clearly, Human Rights are not part of the British Values that Teresa May claims will defeat extremism.

Not true, incapacity benefit was introduced in 1995 thatcher was not in power in 95.

What, you mean the culture of throwing ill / dying people off the sick and falsely claiming they are ok?
The culture of demonising the sick and disabled and falsely labelling the majority of them as fakers and criminals?
The culture of radical welfare reforms across the board, making life much harder for people on welfare?

It is continuing under the tories.

Pray tell, what did labour do?
O.k., I got the name wrong it was Invalidity Benefit in those days, but it was true that the Thatcher administration encouraged migration off unemployment benefits onto sickness benefits.

Let them eat cake! f***ing tory wankers :lol:

What about someone who has paid into the system for 30 years like me? I'm being treated like a scrounging twat by the DWP, cheers IDS :neutral:
Well that is quite clearly wrong. The system should be there as a safety net for the likes of yourself and not for those who have no interest in contributing to society,
Having said that and I don't mean this as a pop at you, but even after 30 yrs putting in a person should not be allowed to spend the rest of their working life unemployed if they are able to work

The BBC did an analysis of Cameron's promises from his Conference speech and came to the conclusion that (as he refused to give answers as to how they would fund the promises) they would have to increase the Public Sector Borrowing way beyond the record levels they have already achieved and introduce even more draconian cuts in services. They also highlighted his "how dare they accuse me of wanting to harm the NHS" by pointing out how many NHS Hospitals are in funding crisis with no help forthcoming from central government without cutting services - though to be fair a lot of the funding problems were as a result of Labour's idiotic PFI strategies!!!

Lastly, it was this administration that virtually overnight terminated the Careers Service, which had a good track record of placing young people into work and further education / training, at a time when youth unemployment was at record levels. Their wonderful strategy was that schools could pick up the strings, though no extra funding was allocated and very little training or guidance given to the teachers who suddenly found their job descriptions had additional responsibilities!

Don't worry, whatever the politicians say, their promises will always be empty and the NHS will never be safe in the hands of the Conservatives. Out of interest, I note that the latest promise is that I will be guaranteed access to my GP seven days a week at a time I want. Sounds like a cracking idea and it should be extended to other services like when I want to see my MP about an important matter! No f***ing chance ....

Honestly don't know how they will enforce this. GPs are self employed and therefore free to decide what hours they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back