The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is ridiculous.
Not sure why people compare,to me the genius of it was the ability for it to be true,we all know those people.The american one was full of characters speaking americanisms in an yank accent,if i watched it long enough i may enjoy it but it didn't connect the same way,Gervais was relatively unknown rather than watching Carell in his latest role

The perfect sitcom.

The training course episode where Brent gets the guitar out is sublime. The bit where he plays a final note after the trainer has called lunch is brilliant, to the last detail.

This.

My favourite bit of the whole series.

Superb British comedy. Brilliantly written and acted. Best comedy I've ever seen, including Fawlty Towers.

Possibly the most perfect comedy written, every character and line is flawless.

I often switch between my favourite Brent line, but today this is my favourite.

"What upsets me about the job? Wasted talent. People could come to me, and they could go, 'Excuse me, David, but you've been in the business twelve years. Can you just spare us a moment to tell us how to run a team, how to keep them task-orientated as well as happy?' But they don't. That's the tragedy."

Possibly the most perfect comedy written, every character and line is flawless.

I often switch between my favourite Brent line, but today this is my favourite.

"What upsets me about the job? Wasted talent. People could come to me, and they could go, 'Excuse me, David, but you've been in the business twelve years. Can you just spare us a moment to tell us how to run a team, how to keep them task-orientated as well as happy?' But they don't. That's the tragedy."

:lol: ffs

"It's almost like my work here's done. I can't imagine Jesus going 'Oh, I've told a few people in Bethlehem I'm the son of God, can I just stay here with Mum and Dad now?' No. You gotta move on. You gotta spread the word. You gotta go to Nazareth, please."

"Women are dirty" while waving a dildo round :lol:

The kind of comedy that gives me a sore jaw from laughing that much.

David 'This is Sanj, this guy does the best Ali G impersonation, Aiiieee. I can't do it, go on, do it'
Sanj 'I don't, must be someone else'
David 'Oh, sorry, it's the other one...'
Sanj 'The other what, P*ki?'
David 'Ah, that's racist'

I realised a while back that anyone who reckons the British one is better than the US clearly just has an insecurity about their nationalism.

:lol::lol: Aye, I'd agree that Peep show isn't far behind.

:lol:

I think its equal parts script and equal parts the glances to the camera.

Every one is perfect.

The glance to the camera at the end of Keith's appraisal when he keeps saying "don't know" has me creased :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back