the sopranos ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the final scenes in the restruant you are looking through the eyes of tony, watching people come in and out of the door. the screen goes black as tony is dead shot by the guy who goes to the bathroom and back, they dont want you to see tony shot in front of his family

This. I thought it was brilliant personally. Finished without the usual headshot and brains splattered. Didn't want to see him bow out like that myself and thought they handled it perfectly and a bit different.

You can fuck right off..

And am I shite reading all that.

Haha, fair play. It was a stretch for me and Ive watched the hooer start to finish 5 times
I watched it as a gangster soap. Quality script and all that but ha'way.

Nah, theres loads more than that going on. Some of the stuff is pure soap, especially some of the bits with the kids in. But theres shit loads going on in there. It looks at family, immigration, morality, life/death, male friendship, religion, philosophy, the role of modern day fatherhood, what it means to be a 'man' etc etc etc. I could go on. To call it a "gangster soap" probably means you havent been watching it properly. But fuck it, we are all different good art lets you see you want to see. For me, its pure genius

https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

This is a f***ing ridicoulously long read and took me a few days reading it bits at a time. But I think its worth it.

In my opinion the ending is perfect. The show is astonishing and I cant imagine one ever being better
If you need to read a massive blog post to justify an ending the ending probably didn't work.

The Sopranos wasn't a bad ending imo. Dexter, now there was a shit ending.

Breaking bad had a decent send off imo.

If you need to read a massive blog post to justify an ending the ending probably didn't work.

The Sopranos wasn't a bad ending imo. Dexter, now there was a shit ending.

Breaking bad had a decent send off imo.

I disagree. If he had just had his head shot off would that need an essay?

The ambiguous nature of it leaves the debate open and let's you look for clues beforehand (which are there). It completely ties in with with rest of the show

I disagree. If he had just had his head shot off would that need an essay?

The ambiguous nature of it leaves the debate open and let's you look for clues beforehand (which are there). It completely ties in with with rest of the show
I already said I thought the ending was all right.

I didn't need a massive blog to enjoy it and move on. I dont think the majority of people did.

I already said I thought the ending was all right.

I didn't need a massive blog to enjoy it and move on. I dont think the majority of people did.

Sorry, misread your original post. You're right to be honest, it's there if you can be arsed but I appreciate the majority would want to bother.

There's a big part of me still thinks I wasted a good chunk if my life reading the fucker

in the final scenes in the restruant you are looking through the eyes of tony, watching people come in and out of the door. the screen goes black as tony is dead shot by the guy who goes to the bathroom and back, they dont want you to see tony shot in front of his family

Spot on.

Brilliant ending imo, proper cliffhanger that as someone else said leaves it open to interpretation and actively engages the audience - the fact it's still being debated today shows that. I personally interpreted it like it showed us the world through Tony's eyes, that that's how he's lived his life throughout the show and that's how he'll continue to live it (always having to look over his shoulder and not knowing if or when his time may or may not be up) - the fella sat at the counter just heightened this through the way that Tony can't really trust anyone outside of his inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back