The support this club gets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually enjoy matchdays, regardless of the result. It's the social aspect as well as the match itself. I certainly don't pat myself on the back everytime I do. I go because I choose to and I love it and can, most of the time, afford to go. Whether it's driving up and back for home games with my dad or meeting up with the lads for a day of beer and football on an awayday. If we're playing Rochdale or Chelsea, doesn't particularly matter. It's something I look forward to, it is in no way a chore.

I actually enjoy matchdays, regardless of the result. It's the social aspect as well as the match itself. I certainly don't pat myself on the back everytime I do. I go because I choose to and I love it and can, most of the time, afford to go. Whether it's driving up and back for home games with my dad or meeting up with the lads for a day of beer and football on an awayday. If we're playing Rochdale or Chelsea, doesn't particularly matter. It's something I look forward to, it is in no way a chore.
Exactly.

Just look through the thread kid.
You even implied it yourself! :rolleyes:
I'll ask you again, for the upteenth time, where on this thread have I said we have better fans than anyone else? I said go on the majority of other fans forums and they will say the same thing about their respective clubs.

It doesn't matter mate. You go home and away and rarely miss. I think that is more the point. I wonder if STFC have fans who decry and belittle their own?

We self-congratulate ourselves as the club give us absolutely minimal return. There is a kind of perverse pleasure following a team who are crap. I'm a glory hunter in reverse. Opposing fans sing to me "where were you when you were good". I actually have a crush on our travelling support.

Enjoy reading your posts, I still recall the one on route back from Spurs which I respected.
You are spot on regarding that perverse sense of pride following a team when they are not doing so well. I have made some real sacrifes following Swindon.
Walked out on a funeral (had family permission) and turned jobs down.
It's in the DNA and the love gets deeper.
I do get angry with our fans though (some) as primarily I want them to contribute to the sustainability. In my opinion ours moan about the cost, thus when the club announces a price deal, guess what ? They still post on the match day thread.
I envy your support because I am a Supporter however I kind of feel proud and stand out in a service station with my kids wearing their tops surrounded by a load of Cockneys on their way to watch their team, Manchester United.
With Sundeland though the first thing that would cross my mind is to think ...loyal. More and likely then I would say alreet. :)
We see a similar World.

I do understand but I'm being objective ya bell.
How do you not understand that?

Are ya fuck man. You're doing what you always do. Everyone who has read this thread know it and so do you. Its boring. If someone thinks we have the best support in the premier league there is absolutely nowt ya can say to tell them they're wrong.

Are ya fuck man. You're doing what you always do. Everyone who has read this thread know it and so do you. Its boring. If someone thinks we have the best support in the premier league there is absolutely nowt ya can say to tell them they're wrong.
Well there is and I have.
Don't let it worry you though.

Alright put it this way, a lot of my mates support different teams, do you think we get involved in arguments about who has the better fans? Of course not ffs.
So you concede you did say it then.
I don't really care all I did was pass my view on the matter as I personally think all the back slapping for supporting a club is pretty tedious.
As usual though it ends up escalating due to the abuse I receive for not towing the party line.
Very poor .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back