The support this club gets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is no way of proving anything, but I think you're being a bit deluded there. Whilst your crowds are impressive, your numbers are clearly boosted by the fact you have cheaper tickets than a lot of clubs. If the clubs with global support like Man United and Arsenal paid similar prices to you then they could easily get 43k+ regardless of a lack of success. Not having a dig at you at the expense of them, it's just the way I see it.

£25 (as an example) tickets at a lot of clubs would add thousands on to the gate when the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are paying comfortably double. The glory hunters for the top clubs would fall away, but the local traditional support would come back from those who have been priced out, with the cheaper tickets on offer.

Like you rightly say it is impossible to prove against other clubs what crowds they would get if they had under acheived on the scale we have.
But what SAFC can say is that they are pulling in unbelievable crowds for a team that has consitantly underacheived on a scale that no other top flight club can compete against, we are doing it not just talking about it.
Quite incredible really.

Just mentioned on the Snar thread that my nine year old grandson is coming up for the match on Saturday. He attends a school in Cheshire and proudly wears his Sunderland strip whenever possible despite his mates all wearing Man U/City, Liverpool, Everton gear.:cool:
Now that really is top support. But keep it hush hush. If Jardine reads your post he'll be slagging the bairn off. Nee better that any other 9 year old tbh.;)
I mean he has been to more?than four games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back