Things in your house that you remember from when you were a bairn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logon or register to see this image

Remember these lying around people's houses,but never seen an adult use one yet.

Shaving brush.

Hmm that shaving brush reminds me, my dad had this deadly thing (in fact he still has it!). When I was about seven I though it would be a good idea to see what shaving was like with his razor.....really huge (and painful) mistake .... Dear lord the blood!!

Thinking about the record player we had in the house, can always remember my dad having a big collection of vinyl records, some bizarre covers, but two for some reason stick in my head...

My dad was a big Abba fan, Sunday mornings he would have the record player on full blast...

Posh books.

We had some bookshelves as part of a big TV unit in the living room. One shelf was full of the complete works of Shakespeare in green leather and a matching set in red on the other shelf, which I think was Dickens. Looked very posh all these matching classical books, with such culture in our house we were clearly a class above. I don't think they were ever read by anyone but came cheap from Reader's Digest.

Posh books.

We had some bookshelves as part of a big TV unit in the living room. One shelf was full of the complete works of Shakespeare in green leather and a matching set in red on the other shelf, which I think was Dickens. Looked very posh all these matching classical books, with such culture in our house we were clearly a class above. I don't think they were ever read by anyone but came cheap from Reader's Digest.

Are you sure they weren't posh VHS covers?

Posh books.

Probably fake blocks of wood painted up to look like book spines :lol:

Posh books.

The green ones are Dickens. I think they are still in the big sitting room cabinet.

A picnic table that folded up and the chairs went inside. A bit like this one. Only the chairs were really flimsy and wobbly so you had to precisely balance and try not to move while eating otherwise the chair would fall over.

Hmm that shaving brush reminds me, my dad had this deadly thing (in fact he still has it!). When I was about seven I though it would be a good idea to see what shaving was like with his razor.....really huge (and painful) mistake .... Dear lord the blood!!

So, it wasn't just me who did that (was five at the time, ended up cutting my top lip) my dad gave me a right bollocking saying I'd ruined his razor, nee concern what so ever, thanks dad :evil: daft old buggar actually expected me to buy him a new razor out of me pocket money (what the hell was that, never got any pocket money :evil:). He totally forgot that he had a whole fresh pack of blades, that he'd only opened that morning.

Last edited:
So, it wasn't just me who did that (was five at the time, ended up cutting my top lip) my dad gave me a right bollocking saying I'd ruined his razor, nee concern what so ever, thanks dad :evil: daft old buggar actually expected me to buy him a new razor out of me pocket money (what the hell was that, never got any pocket money :evil:). He totally forgot that he had a whole fresh pack of blades, that he'd only opened that morning.

:lol:

That was what I did! Cannot remember if I got a bollocking to be honest, just remember my top lip gushing with blood, and me trying to hide the fact my top lip was bleeding, by doing the thing that kids did with using their bottom lip to cover their top lip.

Don't think I got away with it, just don't remember the fallout from my first attempt at facial grooming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back