Top 10 away games of the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone mentioned derby in 99 yet ? Does 92 semi count ?

Anyway. Main road is the answer. Nearest death experience for a Sunderland goal. Ever. Will never ever forget that day.

Wembley doesn't count :)
Thought that would be listed.......super strike from Phillips.
...and my Sunderland Mate sitting next to me with a pathetic grin :)
I was in your mainstand mate with about 3000 other red n whites and ended up on the pitch, like ya say crackin goal from Phillips and a crackin weekend even if we did miss out on automatic promotion

Oddly, though Melville was a good solid defender who also played well in prem for fulham years after, we were better once Holloway, Williams and Craddock came into defence.

Early season i thought Chris Byrne would be more likely to our catalyst than Supakev!

Remember the norwich home loss when Quinny missed 1 on 1 and everyone jeered him haha.

What a turnaround.

I do wonder how we would have done if we stayed up in the 40 point season- if we would have signed same players.

Good point, the SKP after Connolly didnt work out ha sbeen done to death but some of the players that seemingly came from nowhere and just clicked that season

Good point, the SKP after Connolly didnt work out ha sbeen done to death but some of the players that seemingly came from nowhere and just clicked that season

We would have had the benefit of clark, Bridges, Johnston in top flight.

Or would we have been so negative in our approach we would never have tried gray left back etc, or built up momentum we did.

I think we would not have went down the similar foute and the expansive football we played that season, as it was at a loew level it allowed us to do so and it carried on after promotion.

haha, love how he was our main prem striker, then at Workington Town a year later!

Fuckin BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ronen Harazi would have been a snip

His sending off at Arsenal that year was comical too! Jesus, Craig Russel was our top scorer on 4 wasnt he? my minds a bit foggy now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back