Train Tickets....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is. Saying you have to have the card the tickets were purchased on man. What if someone gets their ma' or da' to buy the tickets? Or your wife pays for them and you're travelling without her? It's just a con to catch people out, forcing them to buy new tickets. Rail travel's f***ing extortionate as it is without the rail companies trying to rip you off even more.

On Virgin trains they say you need to have you ticket, seat reservation, proof of purchase AND the card you used to buy the tickets in order for you tickets to be valid.

It's a disgrace like.

I'm not questioning you mate, but I just don't understand this. I travelled on Virgin this week and I only got 3 items. The seat reservation doesn't need to be a separate thing cos your reserved seat number is written on the actual ticket. And the other thing is a "collection receipt". This doesn't have any information on what card was used to buy the ticket, so I can't see how it could be used to prove ownership any more than the ticket itself, and no one could link it to a specific card unless they check back on the computer - which I assume could be done with the info on the ticket itself anyway. And when you collect your tickets from the machine you don't even need to use the same card as was used to purchase the tickets either. You don't even need to use a card belonging to the same person. You just need a card - any card - wtf is that all about?

I'm not questioning you mate, but I just don't understand this. I travelled on Virgin this week and I only got 3 items. The seat reservation doesn't need to be a separate thing cos your reserved seat number is written on the actual ticket. And the other thing is a "collection receipt". This doesn't have any information on what card was used to buy the ticket, so I can't see how it could be used to prove ownership any more than the ticket itself, and no one could link it to a specific card unless they check back on the computer - which I assume could be done with the info on the ticket itself anyway. And when you collect your tickets from the machine you don't even need to use the same card as was used to purchase the tickets either. You don't even need to use a card belonging to the same person. You just need a card - any card - wtf is that all about?

This I didn't know. I've only travelled with Virgin once, from Penrith to the city I live in, which is London.

It is. Saying you have to have the card the tickets were purchased on man. What if someone gets their ma' or da' to buy the tickets? Or your wife pays for them and you're travelling without her? It's just a con to catch people out, forcing them to buy new tickets. Rail travel's f***ing extortionate as it is without the rail companies trying to rip you off even more.

It seems to be simple security measure to stop people using your card fraudulently.

you quite clearly altered my text though.
Good one:lol::lol:

aye will do. through durham? don't want to be near any mags.
yer. Was saying to VOR the other day the new inn might be an option, its always chocka full of sunderland but the stream is always crap. He was gonna speak with the lads and let me know what they fancy doing

yer. Was saying to VOR the other day the new inn might be an option, its always chocka full of sunderland but the stream is always crap. He was gonna speak with the lads and let me know what they fancy doing
nice one. i'll drop you a texticle

Can I come too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back