Why do people get tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair I reckon a lot of people get tattoos now because they're a fashion statement.

It always seems to be the same stuff:

Japanese/Chinese/Arabic etc some bullshit nobody understands for the sole purpose that someone will ask them what it means so they can say "Oh well it's really cool, it means "Divine Ascendance" when it actual fact it probably means "Look how much of a bellend I am" in whatever dead language it's in.
Tribal scribbles.
Cartoon versions of proper old school tattoos.

I have an old Sunderland badge on my right arm because I know I love SAFC and always will. I want to get more but I want to be absolutely sure I won't regret my choices later in life so I just have the one at the moment.
That went out of fashion ages ago didn't it? Certainly nowhere near as common as they were 10 years ago.

Must admit i want the badge like. Always wanted one arm for family (got me lasses name, will get my sons at some point) and one for football so i want an safc badge (either current, ship or both) and an england tattoo (probably the lions cos i love lions). Need to get round to it at some point, im just nervous because if it looks shit i'll be gutted!

Braver man than me. :lol:

That went out of fashion ages ago didn't it? Certainly nowhere near as common as they were 10 years ago.
They tend to get incorporated into the full sleeve jobbie now like.

It took me to get to my 40's to have a tattoo and now have 3. The latest is "SAFC - Ha'way the Lads" on my forearm.

The problem is I found it addictive so I'm sure I'll get a couple more before I drop dead.......

I'm honestly not criticising or denying anybody the right to decorate their body. It's more a case of wondering why people have them and whether they consider the after effects.

I just thought it was a bit sad that an attractive bride had a massive tattoo on one arm that was visible in her wedding photos. It's not right for me (even though I'd look lush in a wedding gown), but it obviously is for her.

The problem you may face with fashions changing on what seems to be a 20 year-ish cycle is that the younguns will be anti-tattoos and will look for crusty old women to make fun of! "Look at that old bird in the corner of the pub lads, she must be a convict or a fish-wife!". ;)

My mate's getting wed next week. Apparently the bride and at least one of the bridesmaids will be having some sort of covering done to hide their tattoos (the bride has the awld barb wire there). I dinnar the details but it'd seem they're not keen on having them on the photos.

Seen those a few times now, must be the latest in thing for the social underclass.

(obviously not the same date that I saw, same idea though)

Stood behind a lad in a post office at middlesbrough once and he had "Twocka" on the back of his neck, and I remember thinking, how the heck is anyone meant to have any reasonable interaction with him.

Stood behind a lad in a post office at middlesbrough once and he had "Twocka" on the back of his neck, and I remember thinking, how the heck is anyone meant to have any reasonable interaction with him.

exactly. However I am a fan of tattoos like that at it saves me my precious time speaking to them before realising they are a twat

mate, i'll run you close here. mine is a triangle with H in it. H is the first letter of my surname :) it's so lame it's cool :cool:

I got my first one done when I was sixteen and I was pissed - its absolutely shameful but at least its where it can be hidden most of the time

For me,the question is "why has no one developed a Tat,that is not permanant ?"A one where the whole thing dissappears after say,a year.With the permanant ones being available at the same time.People who are pissed or chronickly stupid would'nt have to worry themselves if they ever sobered up,or if it turned out that the tattoo artist was crap.It would be a good way to test them out.See whether you really liked them.

Gan on then.I left it in there deliberately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back