Why do people get tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just after my mate got a half sleeve he came round so asked him what it was "Jesus"... why your not religious "aye but it looks good".... Took the cellophane stuff off to show us it and I pointed out it was a black and grey Virgin Mary tattoo, he says "well its the same thing isn't it.."

Another mate got a massive black and grey angel woman thing in a tight corset, huge cleavage popping out with a scroll across saying "RIP Gran" and her D.O.B/D.O.D... said he couldn't think of out else to put in the empty scroll!

Says a bit about my mates that!

I like them. I have one which has a very personal meaning to me behind it but the rest I have I just like the way they look, not else to it really.

I always just assumed it was an attention seeking thing tbh. Also a lot of thickos who cave in to peer pressure or read those shitty magazines and copy celebrities etc.
I managed 14 years in the military without getting tattooed and got my first at 34 years old. I'm not thick like!

Steve Wright the DJ once had Meatloaf on his show and asked if he had any tattoos and Meat replied "no...not for me, I just wouldn't have one."
Steve said but say somebody put a gun to your head and said "you've got to have a tattoo, what will it be?"
Meat replied "shoot me".
Now there's a situation I wouldn't mind arising.

To show other people what they believe is art and meaningful.

I personally think they are shit unless you have a tribal

and can prove you live in a tribe

Mostly fashion I would say.
fashion?

sheeple more like

Got nothing against them personally though I wouldn't ever consider one and it would be a bit daft as I am old and wrinkly anyway. I wonder though if this is a current fashion thing for many people which will fade away over the years and they could spend a lot of years regretting choices they made in their youth. If that happens no doubt there will be a boom industry in tattoo removal (can you get them removed successfully?)

Older people with tattoos look f***ing class

Logon or register to see this image

Can't wait me like

A lot of people on threads like this seem to confuse people who get shite, generic tattoos with those serious about them and who pay good money to be tattooed by top 'artists'.

I agree, barbed wire, tribal, names etc are absolutely terrible in the main but I've seen some amazing work, and had some done on myself, that is more than just getting something done for the sake of it.

But that's the great thing about human nature. We all have different tastes and it makes the life the varied wonder that it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back