12 months+ of Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haway man, he's shite don't you know - just read this board after every game we don't win.

Should have won Champs Lge; League Cup; The Masters; Wimbledon; The Boat Race; Grand National at least - he's been here a year now you know, fella!!
Over reaction of the year?

The bloke has done ok; no more than that and given the performances this season, which once more have resulted in us being towards the foot of the table just 1 defeat away from the bottom 3, you have to wonder how much those 4 straight wins at the back end of the season were down to Poyet and how much down to simply the players deciding to get off their fat arses and actually try. They clearly reverted to type and soon as we were safe and lost to Swansea.

I'm no great fan of his and if southampton had scored 1 more goal he would have had to walk. There would have been no way back from a club record defeat.

He's clueless, the team plays horrendously boring football.
Cant disagree with any of this. Personally I think he's out of his depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he would've had us playing more creative football by now, be interesting to see his opinion on future defeats and how he reacts to them, seems pretty content dropping two points in games with the squad we have but when we do lose blames everyone but himself.

Baring in mind we have drawn a blank in half of our games this season and him not looking like doing anything to change it.

Over reaction of the year?

The bloke has done ok; no more than that and given the performances this season, which once more have resulted in us being towards the foot of the table just 1 defeat away from the bottom 3, you have to wonder how much those 4 straight wins at the back end of the season were down to Poyet and how much down to simply the players deciding to get off their fat arses and actually try. They clearly reverted to type and soon as we were safe and lost to Swansea.

I'm no great fan of his and if southampton had scored 1 more goal he would have had to walk. There would have been no way back from a club record defeat.

Cant disagree with any of this. Personally I think he's out of his depth.

OK then Bonnie Lad, name YOUR choice of Manager to take us to the next level, with the CURRENT squad, I am all ears!!

Boring system on the pitch and woeful transfer record
But that follows on from a long line of predecessors exactly the same
It depends what you expect is possible.
If you turn up pissed and throw beer on your head you prob think he can do no wrong

He is trying to instill a certain way of playing though i don't think the personnel is yet up for it.

Like the bloke but he seems to take in water a bit too quickly.

Then there is our transfer protocol or whever you want to call it. Who picks the players etc. That needs sorting out sharpish and needs a lot of improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back