12 months+ of Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we stop up again this season, and I think we will, will you still hold that view?
Yes, this is the worse the premiership has been in terms of quality of teams for a long time & we're one of the worst, boring negative & naive tactics no matter who we're playing from Chelsea to Burnley.

Fair enough if I've misunderstood, seems that you disagree with me about something though.
No I don't, genuinely interested thats all.

Do you enjoy watching his team play? How can you say it's decent, it's atrocious. Perhaps you enjoy it, if so, commiserations.
Its not as bad as you're making out, nee where near.

Please tell me about these naive tactics.

Getting the Lads to Wembley for a Cup Final has to count for something. I am prepared to believe that a real and lasting improvement in the league takes a little longer

Getting to a cup final is great, dont get me wrong, however I can remember watching Malcolm Crosby getting us to Wembley, didn't really mean he was a good manager

I think some people need to get a bit of perspective like. This is our longest run in the top flight for f***ing decades. We're usually up and down like a whores drawers.

No I don't, genuinely interested thats all.

Its not as bad as you're making out, nee where near.

Please tell me about these naive tactics.
Totally naive, one dimensional & predictable. He's got no plan B, just slow plodding negative crap. It's total anti-football.

I think you are missing the point that we are superb at turning in circles and passing it backward but actually quite poor at providing chances for our lone striker.

I wish to be wrong, but i'm not convinced that anyone we could reasonably expect to bring in in the near future will make a difference to our goal scoring rate. We just don't play like a side that makes a lot of chances.

I think we're better off than we have been for a while, but it's depressing to see no ambition on the field other than don't concede and no ambition in the league other than just remain in it.
Good post, and pretty damn accurate for me.

Totally naive, one dimensional & predictable. He's got no plan B, just slow plodding negative crap. It's total anti-football.
How would you improve it, what formation/system would you play?

Getting to a cup final is great, dont get me wrong, however I can remember watching Malcolm Crosby getting us to Wembley, didn't really mean he was a good manager
Can you remember Malcolm Crosby beating Chelsea and Man Utd away and taking 4 points off the eventual champions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back