12 months+ of Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton, Norwich, hull away etc. always gonna have bad days but would prefer to see a lot more improvement shouldn't be drawing 0:0 when dominating the game mind

Some amazing, amazing achievements in there. But that's the difficult for us all isn't it. We can do some of those amazing things, when we play like amateurs against the lesser teams and look like we could play for weeks and not score. A roller coaster ride for sure, and those sort of highs will always outshine the lows, but we need to keep pushing on as otherwise one year we'll go down and it's the likes of Millwall and Charlton for us rather than United, Chelski and Arsenal.

Decent overall, needs a talented finisher.

I think you are missing the point that we are superb at turning in circles and passing it backward but actually quite poor at providing chances for our lone striker.

I wish to be wrong, but i'm not convinced that anyone we could reasonably expect to bring in in the near future will make a difference to our goal scoring rate. We just don't play like a side that makes a lot of chances.

I think we're better off than we have been for a while, but it's depressing to see no ambition on the field other than don't concede and no ambition in the league other than just remain in it.

I like him, and like he has a plan, he is too stubborn for his own good sometimes though, but i'll get over it

my real disappointment is that we didn't keep Colback and Bardsley like Poyet wanted to, and we didn't get Alonso, Ki and Borini like Poyet wanted to.

If we had kept that team, and added a couple like Jones, PVA etc, I think we would of had a really good season and been top half

OK then Bonnie Lad, name YOUR choice of Manager to take us to the next level, with the CURRENT squad, I am all ears!!

Hey, Omega Man... still waiting for your choice of Manager, so we can see who you rate..... grow a pair fella and put up or shut the fuck up!!!

I think you are missing the point that we are superb at turning in circles and passing it backward but actually quite poor at providing chances for our lone striker.

I wish to be wrong, but i'm not convinced that anyone we could reasonably expect to bring in in the near future will make a difference to our goal scoring rate. We just don't play like a side that makes a lot of chances.

I think we're better off than we have been for a while, but it's depressing to see no ambition on the field other than don't concede and no ambition in the league other than just remain in it.

Have a look at our chances made to conversion rate.

We will live or die by our ability to score.

I think Gus definitely deserves more time. We're averaging more than a point per game despite having, lets be honest, quite a weak squad. If we can get our recruitment sorted out while holding on to our best players I think Gus can take us forward. I'm sick of us sacking manager after manager - it never works in the long run. Lets see what happens if we actually give someone the chance to become a part of the club.

And have a look at the fact that if the opposition score first you know we can only hope for a draw.

We create very few chances. We pass it back to the keeper more that we shoot at goal.

We are tedious.
And looking back in the annals of history the last team we beat after falling behind was CHELSEA.

The managers before him, each with different styles, hoyed money around on various players leaving us with a rabble of a squad that is suited to no particular style. Poyet has been left with the task of fixing this on a budget. It's not an easy job.

He frustrates me, he makes a lot of mistakes, I think he got exceptionally lucky last year and our run at the end was more to do with the players than him. However, I do think he has what it takes to be a good manager, and I want us to properly back him and actually get him a squad that is suited to the style he wants to play.

We have certainly improved since he took over. I think anyone who denies that has an alternative agenda

Were heading in the right direction, certainly hard to beat just need to focus on adding an attacking element maybe follow West ham get a sturdy base then push on and start playing some attacking football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back