2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the most people on here have cycled in one day?
90 odd.

Got my C2C tomorrow so will be doing a steady 65 miles to Kirkoswald starting about 9ish.

Where is good to get a decent pub lunch there anyone? ...actually, are there any pubs?

Great average speed that

Cheers, although I rode more or less the whole way in a group of 5 and so we were able to belt along at times. There was one of the lads who was averaging over 26 mph whenever he rode on the front - nearly killed the rest of us!!:oops::oops:

The week before I did the Vatternrunden (300km) at an average of 19.8mph but that involved sitting in a massive peloton with arsey Scandinavians refusing to let foreigners riding on the front. :lol:

Cheers, although I rode more or less the whole way in a group of 5 and so we were able to belt along at times. There was one of the lads who was averaging over 26 mph whenever he rode on the front - nearly killed the rest of us!!:oops::oops:

The week before I did the Vatternrunden (300km) at an average of 19.8mph but that involved sitting in a massive peloton with arsey Scandinavians refusing to let foreigners riding on the front. :lol:

Some going that like fella.

Its just a different league to the likes of me...

I love it when you get a lick on in a group. no faffing with cars or junctions, just a long drag.

still waiting?! oh mate, shambles. it will arrive just in time for the crap weather ;)
Yup. Those were my thoughts exactly. Going to have to layer up from Aldi :)

Next years audax events are starting to pop up, entered a couple this morning -

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-76/

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-132/

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-193/

Hopefully get into PBP even though I didn't pre-qualify, but if not then I still want a Super Randonneur series (And badge to stitch on my saddlebag...).
First one didnt look bad til I saw the elevation! 1700 m? Pass

Remember theres a huge difference in riding a racer in a group on roads to been out on say a mountain bike, especially if you're on trails.
yup even my crossbike I took out for 10 miles recently was hard going, felt like the same as 50 on the road bike!

There's some decent climbs round this sort of way, even the bits that appear flat are false flats.

My after work quick blast is about 340m climbing in 26km

where do you do that route?

Strava loves to gip you like! my gripe is when your on 20MPH average ride but strava disagrees and gives you a 19.9
I did contemplate making it 201km by riding from the smugglers to the marina and back but it was pissing down and I wanted a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back