Apple watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sony smartwatch 3 pisses all over it, enjoy your £200 mark up.

I like a gadget as much as the next man, but WTF is the point of these things? Other than looking like a twat.

I like a gadget as much as the next man, but WTF is the point of these things? Other than looking like a twat.

That's what a lot said about the iPad until it was released mind.

Not that I'm saying the Apple Watch will be as successful, but I think it's full potential in practice will be known upon its imminent release.

I've been in Apple Store in Metro a couple of times last week and every time I went in, the buzz around the Apple Watch has been impressive.

That's what a lot said about the iPad until it was released mind.

Not that I'm saying the Apple Watch will be as successful, but I think it's full potential in practice will be known upon its imminent release.

I've been in Apple Store in Metro a couple of times last week and every time I went in, the buzz around the Apple Watch has been impressive.
I was never in any doubt as to what the point of an iPad was though. Replace your laptop for light tasks, with something more convenient.

What is the point? You need your phone on you at all times to be able to use it.

So you can look cool, and show off how much money you have to spend. Plus you can astound all your friends with your technical abilities and amazing control of technology.
Or in reality you could look like a idiot who has fallen for marketing and overpaid for something that is fairly useless that has a short shelf life.

Most of the current smartwatches are (not very good) solutions looking for a problem.

Their time will come, but there needs to be serious improvements in power/SoC/display technology first. Who wants to have to charge their watch twice a day ffs.

Or a tiny screen, when the watch has a projector in it to project a high def screen image onto a surface maybe they will be good.

I genuinely believe you actually think that.
The reality is every other person on the planet thinks people peacocking with apple products are bellends of the highest order. A canny few of us can quite easily afford to waste money on such devices so it's not a cash thing, we choose not to because we don't want to look like pathetic arseholes.

Plus its a muggers dream, I mean I got mugged for a watch that cost like less than a fiver from a shop on hylton road back in the 80's...

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol::lol:

I'm more worried @I'm Spartacus will get one and ruin its kudos for the rest of Apple Watch owners :eek: :lol:

Don't worry, I'm going to treat myself to a nice vintage omega, your kudos (pfffft) will be unaffected.

No good for anything these things.

They are, they're great at identifying uber boring people instantly. You're on holiday and some fucker starts cracking on in the bar, if you notice he's wearing an apple watch you can simply pretend to be german and can't understand the boring çunt. If the dullard is actually german just go on about the war, that's funny.....

so you can see messages,emails, time etc at the glance of a watch instead of pulling phone out (in a meeting) like a extension of the phone.

i've got big hands/fingers, so it would do me head in trying to selcct out on that display . seen people saying they have to zoom right in to select stuff, ie the phones display size would be better.

so you can see messages,emails, time etc at the glance of a watch instead of pulling phone out (in a meeting) like a extension of the phone.

i've got big hands/fingers, so it would do me head in trying to selcct out on that display . seen people saying they have to zoom right in to select stuff, ie the phones display size would be better.

Surely your in a meeting, you should be concentrating on the meeting not checking emails or messages?
As for checking the time on a apple watch, I can do that on a 99p watch.

Don't worry, I'm going to treat myself to a nice vintage omega, your kudos (pfffft) will be unaffected.

You a pretentious scratter if you think a vintage omega is impressive, but it does explain your vacuous comments so far :lol:

Surely your in a meeting, you should be concentrating on the meeting not checking emails or messages?

maybe a quick look when tea etc is being made, depends on size of meeting and if its geting boring, but if its transfer deadline day you have to know the time :lol:only what's f5 on the watch.

when buying a gadget I try to justify if i need it / what it will do for me to make things easy/better. time is all round the place now that you don't need a watch.

They are, they're great at identifying uber boring people instantly. You're on holiday and some fucker starts cracking on in the bar, if you notice he's wearing an apple watch you can simply pretend to be german and can't understand the boring çunt. If the dullard is actually german just go on about the war, that's funny.....

They are not practical enough to wear while doing sport and not smart enough to wear at the pub.

I cannot find any use for one.

You a pretentious scratter if you think a vintage omega is impressive, but it does explain your vacuous comments so far :lol:

I like them, I've wanted one for years. There's something about well engineered things that float my boat. It has nothing to do with prestige or impressing other people. I buy things that I like the look of. I don't give a flying fuck if everyone else on the planet thought it was shit. If you're buying things to impress other people then you're a proper sad twat.

I have a windows phone and I like it, that's how much I don't give a fuck about what other people think.....

I like them, I've wanted one for years. There's something about well engineered things that float my boat. It has nothing to do with prestige or impressing other people. I buy things that I like the look of. I don't give a flying fuck if everyone else on the planet thought it was shit. If you're buying things to impress other people then you're a proper sad twat.

I have a windows phone and I like it, that's how much I don't give a fuck about what other people think.....

Glad we got that sorted out mind.

Well engineered?
So they are easily repairable, easily upgradeable?
Or are they typical apple and cost a fortune to repair (ie write off unless insured) and designed to be un-upgradeable?

Well engineered?
So they are easily repairable, easily upgradeable?
Or are they typical apple and cost a fortune to repair (ie write off unless insured) and designed to be un-upgradeable?

Haven't got a clue squire, I'm talking about a proper watch, late 60's early 70's omega seamaster. I wouldn't be seen dead with that Chinese sweatshop made shite on my wrist.

So you can look cool, and show off how much money you have to spend. Plus you can astound all your friends with your technical abilities and amazing control of technology.
Or in reality you could look like a idiot who has fallen for marketing and overpaid for something that is fairly useless that has a short shelf life.

Or a tiny screen, when the watch has a projector in it to project a high def screen image onto a surface maybe they will be good.

Plus its a muggers dream, I mean I got mugged for a watch that cost like less than a fiver from a shop on hylton road back in the 80's...

Well it isn't a muggers dream because it locks itself when it leaves your wrist :lol:

And they'd need your phone and all your pass codes and you can brick your phone remotely

Do your research before trashing a product you're as bad as @Cyrilsneer

Well it isn't a muggers dream because it locks itself when it leaves your wrist :lol:

And they'd need your phone and all your pass codes and you can brick your phone remotely

Do your research before trashing a product you're as bad as @Cyrilsneer

Another one in the eye for the Apple Watch haters there, mind :lol:

They are not practical enough to wear while doing sport and not smart enough to wear at the pub.

I cannot find any use for one.

Apart from the fact the apple watch is designed to be a fitness device and who wears a smart watch for the pub ffs

Christ the Apple Watch has a lot of downsides, it's far from perfect but the absolute bullshit on this thread from people who clearly know nothing about it is ridiculous :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back