AUDI DRIVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a classic bit of BMW driving on Sunday near the pub that used to be the poachers pocket at fencehouses. There are some road works going on next to the old fire station, there were about 20 cars queued at the temporary traffic lights, and this berk in the beemer decides temporary traffic lights do not apply to him, so he overtook the queue, and drove straight through the red!! It would have been a real shame if a truck had been coming the other way.

Saw a classic bit of BMW driving on Sunday near the pub that used to be the poachers pocket at fencehouses. There are some road works going on next to the old fire station, there were about 20 cars queued at the temporary traffic lights, and this berk in the beemer decides temporary traffic lights do not apply to him, so he overtook the queue, and drove straight through the red!! It would have been a real shame if a truck had been coming the other way.

:lol:

My driving instructor said he heard about a lad who did similar on his test. There's a school on the test route and his test started at 08:40. He thought all the cars outside of the school were parked up and tried to overtake them all. They weren't parked, there was just a jam :lol:

Not when we're all waiting in the proper lane, sitting in traffic and this **** drives up the inside in the bus lane, and gets away with it.
can't say it's more than a minor irritation to me. I'd rather hang around for 5-10 minutes than pick up a £100 fine to be honest.

also when did it become acceptable to make the car behind brake hard by mimicking braking....I'd say that was dangerous driving as well as tailgating.

My driving instructor said he heard about a lad who did similar on his test. There's a school on the test route and his test started at 08:40. He thought all the cars outside of the school were parked up and tried to overtake them all. They weren't parked, there was just a jam :lol:

Perhaps it was him and he passed his test, they obviously have their own seperate driving tests for potential Audi/BMW drivers?

All Audi drivers should be imprisoned then fined and then forced to drive one of those little Eco Cars . (Yep - I am Guardian reader and therefore a bit soft on crime ) :)

Well get a move on then , chop chop!

We non-Audi drivers do "get a move on" on the occasion we do find ourselves with an Audi driver behind us. Problem is forcing us to increase our speed just means they go and do the same. So theirs no greater distance gained for us. And this Clio driver is frankly getting sick and tired of having Audi's bear down on me with their big huge grille, looming large and scaring the shit out of me.

All Audi drivers should be imprisoned then fined and then forced to drive one of those little Eco Cars . (Yep - I am Guardian reader and therefore a bit soft on crime ) :)

Or a small city-car or hatchback like an Toyota Aygo, Citroen C2, Renault Clio or a Ford Fiesta. See how they like living in a world of faster more powerful giants.

We non-Audi drivers do "get a move on" on the occasion we do find ourselves with an Audi driver behind us. Problem is forcing us to increase our speed just means they go and do the same. So theirs no greater distance gained for us. And this Clio driver is frankly getting sick and tired of having Audi's bear down on me with their big huge grille, looming large and scaring the shit out of me.

Or a small city-car or hatchback like an Toyota Aygo, Citroen C2, Renault Clio or a Ford Fiesta. See how they like living in a world of faster more powerful giants.

You drive a Clio ??!!??

If you're in the outside lane for no good reason then you have no right to complain.

It's there for overtaking purposes only. If you're not overtaking someone then you should be in the inside lane.

Most of my experiences have all been on town roads where there is only one lane in either direction. But it wouldn't surprise me if half the experiences on the motorway happen actually in the inside lane.

You drive a Clio ??!!??

Errr..yes. Even a Clio can be classes as a car. But that is beside the point. The smaller the car the more experiences of intimidating behavior your likely to find happening to you. At least in a Mondeo or a Focus you can get away. Clio's can't. Not given the size of the engine inside them. Think how we feel.

If an Audi comes up behind me my foot comes off the accelerator, just one of them things.

Good on you. Don't rise to it. Nothing irks an Audi driver more than having to dance to the tune of others. Having others force them to adjust their speed for once instead of it being the other way around.

Is it a natural reaction to feel angry and step on the brakes as a response?

No. For me my reaction would be to step on the accelerator rather than the brake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without any shadow of a doubt the biggest arse-hole drivers on the roads.I place them ahead of BMW drivers by a country mile.Have been tailgated twice in recent days ...yes...you ve guessed it they were both driving high powered Audi motors.They are a law to themselves.

As opposed to vauxhall drivers, taxi drivers, drivers of all chelsea tractors, white van man, asian drivers (controversial?), frustrated dads in their crappy people carriers ? don't think so.

Can an Audi or Mercedes driver please explain something to me?

What's the deal with indicators? Why do you never use them? What specifically happens in your cars that stops you using them? Are they in an awkward place? Do they make a horrible noise?

It's a genuine question btw. I can sort of understand why someone in a powerful car might tailgate, or why someone cocooned in a quiet car might be more reckless about cutting people up. But what's going on with the indicators? I can't think of another type of driver guilty of it so consistently.

Without any shadow of a doubt the biggest arse-hole drivers on the roads.I place them ahead of BMW drivers by a country mile.Have been tailgated twice in recent days ...yes...you ve guessed it they were both driving high powered Audi motors.They are a law to themselves.
Buy a better car then

All the assumptions on this thread are hilarious.

I'll make one now then. The majority of SMB posters drive shite cars, pretty obvious after reading this thread. Oozing jealousy of the better built cars.

Last edited:

What's the deal with indicators? Why do you never use them? What specifically happens in your cars that stops you using them? Are they in an awkward place? Do they make a horrible noise?

It's a genuine question btw. I can sort of understand why someone in a powerful car might tailgate, or why someone cocooned in a quiet car might be more reckless about cutting people up. But what's going on with the indicators? I can't think of another type of driver guilty of it so consistently.
mine work just fine thanks

Most of my experiences have all been on town roads where there is only one lane in either direction. But it wouldn't surprise me if half the experiences on the motorway happen actually in the inside lane.

Errr..yes. Even a Clio can be classes as a car. But that is beside the point. The smaller the car the more experiences of intimidating behavior your likely to find happening to you. At least in a Mondeo or a Focus you can get away. Clio's can't. Not given the size of the engine inside them. Think how we feel.

Good on you. Don't rise to it. Nothing irks an Audi driver more than having to dance to the tune of others. Having others force them to adjust their speed for once instead of it being the other way around.

No. For me my reaction would be to step on the accelerator rather than the brake.
All of these points are solved by doing one simple thing.

If a bigger car approaches get your little car out of the fast lane.

mine work just fine thanks

Then why don't you - and mean you specifically - ever use them?

And don't come this "I do use them, and how would you know anyway" claptrap. I don't have time for your excuses.

Bad driving, mixed with a little arrogance because they own an expensive car. It shocks me how many people (in all makes of car) fail to indicate tbh.

It's amazing how many poor drivers are on the roads today, the standard of the average driver today is absolutely shocking.

My pals wife has just passed her test this year, she can't reverse and will not park anywhere that she has to reverse the car, ridiculous.

Bad driving, mixed with a little arrogance because they own an expensive car. It shocks me how many people (in all makes of car) fail to indicate tbh.

It's amazing how many poor drivers are on the roads today, the standard of the average driver today is absolutely shocking.

My pals wife has just passed her test this year, she can't reverse and will not park anywhere that she has to reverse the car, ridiculous.

Nail on head with "all makes of car" it's not just the expensive cars at all. An element of jealousy on here makes it an Audi/BMW argument.

A lass I work with is the same as your mates wife, she took seven attempts to pass and won't even drive in the rain ffs.

I'm an Audi driver and the OP is obviously jealous as fuck of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back