Cheapskates

Status
Not open for further replies.
£10m these days is peanuts, particularly for quality English talent.

It's not just the transfer fee here, its also a question of wages. If we are not prepared to spend on both then we need a much, much better scouting system to winkle out hidden gems. Seems we lack on many fronts.
The wage bill is commensurate with all the Pl clubs at our level..and it went up by ten million quid last year...

Ian O whilst I understand your sentiment it is too early to say who will and won't come, and the location argument is wearing thin. I also think that the owner has spent enough to have had a far better return. He wanted this manager and he will back him of that there is no doubt. Give it a few weeks and the picture will change, we will get some gooduns in im pretty sure.

Whys it gonna be different to last season? There was clearly money there although a budget. Last transfer window was pretty shit though.

My blind faith has worn thin

Any of these gobshites are welcome to voluntarily pay a 100% increase in their season ticket price if it's so easy to just put more money in

SAFC are cheapskates yet Ellis Short expects us not to be fighting relegation every year.

The manager/coach always gets the blame but he is not a miracle worker.

Take sack cloth to a tailor you'll get a sack cloth suit, not a Saville Row one.
Fuck me another moron, how much has Ellis spent over the years, more than any other chairman! Didn't realise the transfer window closed on the7th of julu

Good experienced manager this time

Tbf mate we've said similar the last few seasons. The manager in the transfer window has taken over from an unpopular manager and saved us from relegation. Only then to be sacked by March. No reason to suggest different this time.

Besides - congerton presided over last transfer window. He's spent much of this transfer window trying to unwind his shit from last year (vergini and Alvarez)

Tbf mate we've said similar the last few seasons. The manager in the transfer window has taken over from an unpopular manager and saved us from relegation. Only then to be sacked by March. No reason to suggest different this time.

Besides - congerton presided over last transfer window. He's spent much of this transfer window trying to unwind his shit from last year (vergini and Alvarez)

Our last 2 managers were inexperienced in this division, the one before that had seen better days and his tactics proved it. Dick although never managing in the premier league has bags of experience not just in club football. I firmly believe a lot is going on behind the scenes and we will get our players. I would also suggest that Shorty has learnt from past mistakes and will not make them again. Coates is a great signing, fuck all got past him in the last few games and he will get better, the other new boy needs to show what he can do, it remains to be seen who comes in next but I would bet it won't be players from the championship

Fuck me another moron, how much has Ellis spent over the years, more than any other chairman! Didn't realise the transfer window closed on the7th of julu
It's like there's a new batch every day. Can't wait for tomorrow's...

It's like there's a new batch every day. Can't wait for tomorrow's...

But most are the same posters with different usernames because they don't have the balls to write what they are really thinking in case they get a few nasty insults

This OP has made his point, hence the abuse plus a few reasoned answers.

The sorts of responses I expected from many of the uneducated morons on here.

The more intellectual types will sit back, appraise a potential argument (if there is one) and the come back with a reasoned, well presented response. Most of you just seem able to respond with profanity and idiotic remarks but I forgive you, you are not responsible for your upbringing.

Here's the reasoning.

Short has put millions into the club. It's been frittered away and not been offset by much.

Very recently we've spent £10m on Rodwell, £6.8 million on Giaccherini, similar on Altidore. Then there's Fletcher, Johnson, Graham, I don't really need to go on. You get my point.

We're not being tight. To you what is an acceptable amount for us to spend? Would you rather we considered carefully before throwing more money at the problem or do you want more of the above?

I'll give you a minute. I imagine that's a lot for you to take in.

SAFC are cheapskates yet Ellis Short expects us not to be fighting relegation every year.

The manager/coach always gets the blame but he is not a miracle worker.

Take sack cloth to a tailor you'll get a sack cloth suit, not a Saville Row one.
to be fair, if you take sack cloth to a savile row tailor, and he makes it into a suit you do have a savile row suit. you'll just spend a shit load of money on a sack cloth suit.
sounds like a Rodwell analogy.

Our last 2 managers were inexperienced in this division, the one before that had seen better days and his tactics proved it. Dick although never managing in the premier league has bags of experience not just in club football. I firmly believe a lot is going on behind the scenes and we will get our players. I would also suggest that Shorty has learnt from past mistakes and will not make them again. Coates is a great signing, fuck all got past him in the last few games and he will get better, the other new boy needs to show what he can do, it remains to be seen who comes in next but I would bet it won't be players from the championship

Like I say mate - love the faith, but nothing to suggest short has learnt from past. Just blind faith.

Agree with dick, lots more confidence in him than previous coaches - he's not I change of transfers though is he! Congerton is - last transfer window was class with him.

Coates was turd for 90% of season.

f***ing well played, what a cock he is

Like I say mate - love the faith, but nothing to suggest short has learnt from past. Just blind faith.

Agree with dick, lots more confidence in him than previous coaches - he's not I change of transfers though is he! Congerton is - last transfer window was class with him.

Coates was turd for 90% of season.

he didnt play for 90% of the season, did he?

The original post was ridiculous, we've been consistantly spending well beyond our means Since Short arrived and been heavily subsidised by the bloke.
Careful, you'll be accused of lacking intelligence by the OP because you don't share the same opinion as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back