Could Lee Cattermole get an England call up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

England definitely need someone like him in the squad/team.
I agree and think him, or indeed someone like him, should be in the England squad. If there's one thing I thought Hodgson had learned from England over the last 15 years and certainly should have learned after the World Cup, it's that it's time to pick players from outside of the top 6 if it means fitting in to a system and building a team rather than a collection of players.

Very unlikely but definitely possible.

He needs to have an outstanding season though.

His chances would be significantly improved if he was playing in a successful DMF 2, pairing of for example, him and Rodwell, free of injuries and suspensions.

Serious thread.

Who else is there that could play the holding midfield role?

With Gerrard gone and the fact Gareth Barry will be 35 at the next international tournament and there is a real sense in the public's mood that younger talent needs to be considered

How many other English central midfielders are there in the Premier League?

Tom Cleverley
Fabian Delph
Jamie Ward Prowse
Jack Colback
Jake Livermore
Joey Barton
Ashley Westwood

Absolutely nowt there to be frightened of. If Wilshere picks up an injury (which isn't exactly beyond the realms of possibility) it's even more on
Only if he moved to a London club even then very slim chance

Good enough for sunderland but no where near good enough first touch for top level international football.

He had a good season but look at how many gials he cost us(or nearly cost us) through his terrible first touch.

yes but he clenches his fists great and claps like no other player.......

The fact he has average technique seems to bypass most of our support.

I agree and think him, or indeed someone like him, should be in the England squad. If there's one thing I thought Hodgson had learned from England over the last 15 years and certainly should have learned after the World Cup, it's that it's time to pick players from outside of the top 6 if it means fitting in to a system and building a team rather than a collection of players.

I dont think it will ever change, Darren Bent advised to move clubs to improve his international chances, Johnson watched once by Hodgson last season. England managers watch London games or those in the North West, the rest of the division/country doesnt matter.

Fuck Wembly also, get the internationals on the road again

yes but he clenches his fists great and claps like no other player.......

The fact he has average technique seems to bypass most of our support.

You didnt see any of our last 10 games then?

First touch no where near good enough,would get caught in possession,if he played for another club,nobody on here would be suggesting he play for England.

Football fans see their own players through rose tinted glasses,Cattermole been a prime example of this.

Lee gets loads of stick from our supporters. If he can keep up the form he showed at the back end of last season he should not be far away. If he played for Man U he would have been to the world cup

Lee gets loads of stick from our supporters. If he can keep up the form he showed at the back end of last season he should not be far away. If he played for Man U he would have been to the world cup

Point is he would never play for Man Utd as no where near good enough.

He played excellent for last 6/7 games I give you that,however rest the season he was average at best,there was even a few times he could not get into a side that was in a relegation battle,that is not a possible England player

In the holding possession he plays it is important to have good first touch,he hasn't if you lose possession at international level in that position you are dead.

No chance. His name doesn't fit.
he's nowhere near good enough man

he would never have played for man u as he's technically nowhere near good enough.

Much as I enjoy Cattermole running about twatting people he would need to grow a 3rd leg before he got near an England squad.

it's not impossible, if we do a swansea/southampton and exceed expectation in the league ppl are going to look for the reason why; if he's been ever present his name will start getting touted

i actually think his history works for him in a wierd way; he's kerbed it quite a bit recently imo but stick him in the holding role & the opposition midfield are suddenly looking over their shoulder every time they get the ball

Prefer if he didn't tbh. No doubt there are worse midfielders than him who have played for England, but he's not going to remedy England's terminal decline, and when he doesn't the usual cunts in the media will blame him and say we should have played some club footed imbecile from Man United's bench instead

His rep is very bad around the rest of the country, he'd need to have a prolonged period of excellent form coupled with no reds and minimal yellows... all in all very unlikely.

I don't think he did much wrong last season, the only game I remember him really looking like he had lost it a bit was the Hull FA Cup game, I think he let Meyler get under his skin. Even then he didn't do anything wrong just looked like he was in a shitty mood.
He was dreadful in that game. If he'd turned up we would've won

Not a silly post at all for me but I'm far from on the catts band wagon but for me no matter how well he plays for us in the middle of the park he won't get picked for a England call up. If we have another difficult season were we struggle he will just get over looked because of the stature of the club he play for it was like in January when adam johnson got player of the month he was on fire but still didnt get called up, were as tom cleverly did get called up. On the other hand for me catts will always have a clamity in him, had a great end to the season last season played well but I still see him every so often having a game like he did against villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back