Could Lee Cattermole get an England call up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious thread.

Who else is there that could play the holding midfield role?

With Gerrard gone and the fact Gareth Barry will be 35 at the next international tournament and there is a real sense in the public's mood that younger talent needs to be considered

How many other English central midfielders are there in the Premier League?

Tom Cleverley
Fabian Delph
Jamie Ward Prowse
Jack Colback
Jake Livermore
Joey Barton
Ashley Westwood

Absolutely nowt there to be frightened of. If Wilshere picks up an injury (which isn't exactly beyond the realms of possibility) it's even more on
No way...Woy dosn't have a map that shows anything north of Manchester

Serious thread.

Who else is there that could play the holding midfield role?

With Gerrard gone and the fact Gareth Barry will be 35 at the next international tournament and there is a real sense in the public's mood that younger talent needs to be considered

How many other English central midfielders are there in the Premier League?

Tom Cleverley
Fabian Delph
Jamie Ward Prowse
Jack Colback
Jake Livermore
Joey Barton
Ashley Westwood

Absolutely nowt there to be frightened of. If Wilshere picks up an injury (which isn't exactly beyond the realms of possibility) it's even more on
Not with the present manager, no.

He is exactly what England need and I honestly don't see why he can't get at least a call up for a friendly.
England have no other midfielders in that mould. Cattermole is old school, they font make players like him anymore.

Undoubtedly England need a player like him and undoubtedly he would have improved the team at the WC. And I can't think of any other English player that can do the job, so it's a yes from me. Which, unfortunately says a lot about the state of English football.

He's a half decent premier league footballer on his day.......but playing at International level......haway, have a word with yourselves
Joey Barton got a call up, therefore nothing to stop Cattermole.

Last edited:
I dont think it will ever change, Darren Bent advised to move clubs to improve his international chances, Johnson watched once by Hodgson last season. England managers watch London games or those in the North West, the rest of the division/country doesnt matter.

Fuck Wembly also, get the internationals on the road again

You didnt see any of our last 10 games then?
So that would include the five games we lost in that period then?

Undoubtedly England need a player like him and undoubtedly he would have improved the team at the WC. And I can't think of any other English player that can do the job, so it's a yes from me. Which, unfortunately says a lot about the state of English football.

Joey Barton got a call up, therefore nothing to stop Cattermole.
Barton at his best was better than Cattermole.

And people without their red and white glasses on.
Not at all, was always overrated by the mgas. Don't think I've ever spoke to a neutral who thought he was anything but average. Fair few on here started to believe all his self hype once he got twitter though. How many times has Cattermole had to play a season in the Championship because no Premier League team would have him?

He's basically an angry Colback at best, brings very little to the table.

Not at all, was always overrated by the mgas. Don't think I've ever spoke to a neutral who thought he was anything but average. Fair few on here started to believe all his self hype once he got twitter though. How many times has Cattermole had to play a season in the Championship because no Premier League team would have him?

He's basically an angry Colback at best, brings very little to the table.
No premier league team would have him because of his attitude.
Never said he was a great player, just think he was better than Cattermole at his best.

No premier league team would have him because of his attitude.
Never said he was a great player, just think he was better than Cattermole at his best.
He's not even close to being as good as Cattermole when they're both on top form.

Not at all. I'm red and white through and through but I rated Barton over Cattermole any day. He made far fewer unforced and forced errors for a start ...
Tends to happen when players take the easy option all game. Like Vaughan and Colback made less unforced errors too, but neither of them are fit to lace Cattermoles boots.

He's not even close to being as good as Cattermole when they're both on top form.

Tends to happen when players take the easy option all game. Like Vaughan and Colback made less unforced errors too, but neither of them are fit to lace Cattermoles boots.
Fair enough, neither of us are going to change the others mind so might as well leave it there.

He is exactly what England need and I honestly don't see why he can't get at least a call up for a friendly.
England have no other midfielders in that mould. Cattermole is old school, they font make players like him anymore.

That's because football has moved on and best holding midfielders are quality players who can pass and move and not old school like you say

People on this thread are going on as if international football is the pinnacle. It isn't. England need a player like cattermole I think. It's not about just grabbing the best players and shoving them together. We'd be much better of getting a system and finding players to fit that system. cattermole can be used like a gago (I'm not saying he's as good) you need a player to rush teams sometimes. His passing is massively underrated on here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back