Dementia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along similar lines saw someone close gan downhill over a period of time with Parkinsons. Sounds awful to say but death was a blessing and relief by the end.

The scary thing is the age that people can get it, i'm on a couple of Alzheimers/Dementia groups on Facebook and there's people on there who have family in their 30's who have it, i take a bit comfort that my Dad is in his late 70's and has had a pretty full life but it's still so sad to see the person you know 'fading' if that's the right word.

The scary thing is the age that people can get it, i'm on a couple of Alzheimers/Dementia groups on Facebook and there's people on there who have family in their 30's who have it, i take a bit comfort that my Dad is in his late 70's and has had a pretty full life but it's still so sad to see the person you know 'fading' if that's the right word.
:eek:, f***ing hell, thought it was a old age thing , this thread is enlightening me loads mind , im actually toying with giving my donation this year to a dementia charity other than the cancer one, i was visibly shook up when i came home today ( my lass said , f***ing women, is there owt they don't miss) , i honestly thought it was a " oldies " disease

You've just been scammed for a free round trip to her dealers house.
done loads of drug runs mate ( unintentionally ) believe me , calling the police is the last thing they do :rolleyes:

:eek:, f***ing hell, thought it was a old age thing , this thread is enlightening me loads mind , im actually toying with giving my donation this year to a dementia charity other than the cancer one, i was visibly shook up when i came home today ( my lass said , f***ing women, is there owt they don't miss) , i honestly thought it was a " oldies " disease

Honest mate there's a picture i could put on here of a lad 38 years old who has frontotemporal dementia and it would break your heart, i'm same as you i thought it was just an age thing but it's not like.

Along similar lines saw someone close gan downhill over a period of time with Parkinsons. Sounds awful to say but death was a blessing and relief by the end.
my fil has just been diagnosed with that

Honest mate there's a picture i could put on here of a lad 38 years old who has frontotemporal dementia and it would break your heart, i'm same as you i thought it was just an age thing but it's not like.
DONT mate , honestly , learned loads of this thread mind

picked up a lass from whitley earlier today & took her to jarrow, while on the way she was saying her mam had dementia & she was visiting her, f***ing hell she got to the house & her mother freaked out , started calling her names & everything, throwing things at her & called the police & said she was a burglar :eek:, i couldn't believe it , ( never known anyone with it tbh ) anyway the lass was f***ing heartbroken & asked if i could just take her back, she said she didn't know if she had enough cash, i just gave her a lift back gratis like ( well , was going back anyway, she said she would drop the fare off at the office for me , i told her not to bother , its alreet ) i felt so f***ing sorry for her, her xmas i ruined , i honestly never knew people with dementia actually went on like that , that was the rest of my day ruined, cant stop thinking about the poor lass :( so upsetting her mam cant remember who she is now like , what a shame :(, hope none of my parents get this mind, & fell sorry for anyone's who have

You helped a woman in despair, a kind gesture I'm sure she will have appreciated thoroughly, so good on you. I've seen people lost to dementia, they can get aggressive and be very scary.

never seen owt like it mate tbh
Its a shock to the system, hopefully the lass gets her mother the assistance she needs. Sadly if deemed unmanageable at home, the old lady will find herself in a home for her own safety (as leaving the Gas on or water running are hazards obviously, as is anything with fire in it).

Its a shock to the system, hopefully the lass gets her mother the assistance she needs. Sadly if deemed unmanageable at home, the old lady will find herself in a home for her own safety (as leaving the Gas on or water running are hazards obviously, as is anything with fire in it).

honestly mate, i feel like giving her a knock tomorrow & taking her there for nowt , ne problem, f***ing heartbreaking , honestly

My Dad had Parkinson's and his quality of life was awful at the end. We all think he hung on until I'd had my back operation and as soon as I came out of hospital he just let go. It was just after Christmas too but he'd just had enough.

My Dad had Parkinson's and his quality of life was awful at the end. We all think he hung on until I'd had my back operation and as soon as I came out of hospital he just let go. It was just after Christmas too but he'd just had enough.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back