Glastonbury 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELO and Radiohead and I didn't get tickets :(
Only thing that makes me think it might not be them is that they said they'd sorted out the headliners ages back, when they'd not finished the new record.

Hope so, like. Saw them headline with REM back in 2003 and they were cracking.

Radiohead must be a canny shout for headliners, given they're curiously announcing festival appearances around, but not on, the Glastonbury weekend.
Saw them play the park stage in 2011 and it was unreal, especially when I didn't expect them to play at all.

Radiohead must be a canny shout for headliners, given they're curiously announcing festival appearances around, but not on, the Glastonbury weekend.
Saw them play the park stage in 2011 and it was unreal, especially when I didn't expect them to play at all.

Last edited:
Wasn't the full line-up was it?

Cos I was there but I couldn't see a f***ing thing.

And how did you not know it was going to be them? Everyone knew the 'secret' acts on both days, you couldn't get near The Park for them or Pulp.

Wasn't the full line-up was it?

Cos I was there but I couldn't see a f***ing thing.
Aye full band, Greenwood and Yorke done an acoustic 2010 I think?

And how did you not know it was going to be them? Everyone knew the 'secret' acts on both days, you couldn't get near The Park for them or Pulp.
I knew of the Pulp rumour but wasn't expecting Radiohead. I got there in plenty of time to see both perfectly.

I didn't know like. It was rumoured but so were a few others, but anyway those things are usually complete bollocks. Bumped into a couple we were camped with going the opposite way when we were heading back to the tent and they said it was legit, so we went up but, as you say, it was stowed off.

Aye full band, Greenwood and Yorke done an acoustic 2010 I think?
Ah yeah, you're right.

ELO confirmed in the Sunday slot.

Last edited:
Two headliners I'll be going nowhere f***ing near. Pyramid Stage at night is a pain in the tits anyway so that's fine by me.

Two headliners I'll be going nowhere f***ing near. Pyramid Stage at night is a pain in the tits anyway so that's fine by me.

Same, bit disappointed. Hopefully last one is Radiohead.

Basically gave up going to see them at Primavera (go every year) for Glastonbury.

Same, bit disappointed. Hopefully last one is Radiohead.

Basically gave up going to see them at Primavera (go every year) for Glastonbury.
Have a feeling it won't be, not sure they'd go for three white British guitar bands. Might be wrong like.

I'm seeing them a couple of weeks later in Lisbon, but I wouldn't mind seeing them twice!

Have a feeling it won't be, not sure they'd go for three white British guitar bands. Might be wrong like.

I'm seeing them a couple of weeks later in Lisbon, but I wouldn't mind seeing them twice!

Im sure I read somewhere it was 3 british bands headlining mind.

Edit: All 3 acts are british - doesn't specify bands/solo artists etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back