Got an interview at Nissan this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

interview won't be out difficult. If they ask tell them shift work is no problem, your happy enough doing any short notice overtime and Ya can't go wrong. All they want is to see you can communicate, work as part of a team and come across as someone not afraid to put the graft in.

Passing the line trial and medical is the most important bits and knowing you'll graft your arse off and work all the hours they make you work.
Basically this and just make sure you come across as enthusiastic about working for the company.

When I was interviewed there was 5 of the management team asking questions, basically consisted of giving examples of how you have worked in a team, leadership qualities, how flexible are you, working under pressure, stuff like that. I got the job but luckily I didn't take up their offer.

You're so smart. Wish I was as smart as you phooey lad.

Hi all,

Lost my job a few weeks back. Applied on-line to Nissan last week (Manufacturing staff) and have since done the on-line mechanical & reading test, did my skills test and line trial yesterday and have an interview this Saturday.

Just wondering if anyone working there, or who started recently can tell me what to expect from the interview? What type of questions should I prepare for? It's been about 15 years since I last had a proper job interview so not really sure what to expect.

Also the lady on the phone said she'd put me into the "paint schedule" because that's the area where I did my line trial. Does that just mean one of the guys from that department will be doing the interview?

Many Thanks
go out and get pissed this weekend , it will be your last free one

Hi all,

Lost my job a few weeks back. Applied on-line to Nissan last week (Manufacturing staff) and have since done the on-line mechanical & reading test, did my skills test and line trial yesterday and have an interview this Saturday.

Just wondering if anyone working there, or who started recently can tell me what to expect from the interview? What type of questions should I prepare for? It's been about 15 years since I last had a proper job interview so not really sure what to expect.

Also the lady on the phone said she'd put me into the "paint schedule" because that's the area where I did my line trial. Does that just mean one of the guys from that department will be doing the interview?

Many Thanks

When have you had to work under pressure?

When have you had to gather data/research for a task in hand?

When have you had to pull yourself out of the shit ?

How do you react to changes in your workplace/short notice overtime/shift changes etc?

I passed the interview last Thursday, got my medical next week.

When have you had to work under pressure?

When have you had to gather data/research for a task in hand?

When have you had to pull yourself out of the shit ?

How do you react to changes in your workplace/short notice overtime/shift changes etc?

I passed the interview last Thursday, got my medical next week.

Nice one. How quickly did they come back to you after the interview to arrange your medical?

Hi all,

Many Thanks

First thing I'd ask is "Am I getting overtime for this interview seeing as it's on a Saturday"

How did you find the interview? Was it very formal or fairly relaxed? How long were you in? Sorry, just a bit anxious about it as its been so long since I had one

Told this before on here, I got the notes from my interview a good few years ago.
One comment said, 'If his test results are correct he is reasonably intelligent but hides it very well'. :lol:

Sure I only got a 5/10, they take anyone on.

I done 22 years in the body shop, left in 2009.

They will want to know if you can work as part of a team, and can you work under pressure.
They will ask if you're comfortable working shifts and weekends.

They will also want to know your feelings on overtime, especially SNOT (short notice overtime).

Expect them to ask the following sort of question:
'You are on late shift till 1 am, at 12.30 am. your supervisor comes over and asks you to stay back till 2 am. How would you react?'

I done 22 years in the body shop, left in 2009.

They will want to know if you can work as part of a team, and can you work under pressure.
They will ask if you're comfortable working shifts and weekends.

They will also want to know your feelings on overtime, especially SNOT (short notice overtime).

Expect them to ask the following sort of question:
'You are on late shift till 1 am, at 12.30 am. your supervisor comes over and asks you to stay back till 2 am. How would you react?'

Years ago on night shift my then supervisor came up to me and said, 'Just say no'.
'No, why though'..?

'They've asked if we'll do 30 minutes overtime'.

The good old days when they used to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back