Got an interview at Nissan this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, sounds about right. I was going to apply but I am at a supplier at the minute and it is nice and easy. The extra money isn't enough to tempt me over.

Most areas seem to be. The role I am going for is also canny easy with good money. I will be on £7 per hour but I don't know I could stand to earn over an entire shift or over the full year. I am just thinking about it in terms of £7 per hour. I have worked out if I work 4 hours I will earn nearly as much as I do valeting over an entire week. But I ain't arsed how much I earn. I am just happy to work.

Pretty obvious since it's a production line you can't just rock up 5 minutes after your break has finished.

What about car jockey's? Do they have the same regimented approach to breaks?

Last edited:

Most areas seem to be. The role I am going for is also canny easy with good money. I will be on £7 per hour but I don't know I could stand to earn over an entire shift or over the full year. I am just thinking about it in terms of £7 per hour. I have worked out if I work 4 hours I will earn nearly as much as I do valeting over an entire week. But I ain't arsed how much I earn. I am just happy to work.
given the wages you have said im assuming you are going into Nissan via NAC Outsourcing or are you going in yourself?
if so dont go into it thinking its going to be easy, i did some work within Nissan for a supplier doing QC work a few years back and the work wasnt easy at all, get that out of your mind straight away, you may strike it lucky but chances are you will be in area where the work is tedious, repetitive and quite difficult until you start getting used to it

given the wages you have said im assuming you are going into Nissan via NAC Outsourcing or are you going in yourself?
if so dont go into it thinking its going to be easy, i did some work within Nissan for a supplier doing QC work a few years back and the work wasnt easy at all, get that out of your mind straight away, you may strike it lucky but chances are you will be in area where the work is tedious, repetitive and quite difficult until you start getting used to it

NAC Outsourcing.

The tedious repetitive work is what would work in my favour. That is the thing that works to my advantage over other people. Whereas most people would find that work tiresome, uninteresting and boring I thrive doing one or two things only. The way my brain works I can't handle loads of complex things all at once. I would get flustered and confused within 2 seconds. Just driving cars on the vessel or in the compound sounds right up my street. Just the sort of thing as a dyspraxic I could do.

NAC Outsourcing.

The tedious repetitive work is what would work in my favour. That is the thing that works to my advantage over other people. Whereas most people would find that work tiresome, uninteresting and boring I thrive doing one or two things only. The way my brain works I can't handle loads of complex things all at once. I would get flustered and confused within 2 seconds. Just driving cars on the vessel or in the compound sounds right up my street. Just the sort of thing as a dyspraxic I could do.
you should be sound with the driving work, it not very difficult, though you may get asked to work at either Nissan or Port of Tyne

you should be sound with the driving work, it not very difficult, though you may get asked to work at either Nissan or Port of Tyne

Both are close. The Port of Tyne is probably the closest at only about 8 minutes drive away from where I live. Nissan we all know. Just through West Boldon to The Red Lion pub and take a left to the old quarry and over the A19.

Update for anyone that's interested. Had the interview this morning and it went well I think. There were no uncomfortable silences where I couldn't answer the questions anyway. The interview was done by two guys, one was a team leader from the line and he did most of the talking/asked the questions and the other guy just made notes on my answers.

The interview format was simple enough. They started by asking me to tell them about myself and then why I wanted to work for Nissan. Was then asked 7 predetermined questions, pretty much as per ighty seven's post above. I spent a couple of hours yesterday writing down examples from my previous employment so I was pretty well prepared, so thanks for that @ighty seven

I asked them a few questions of my own which I'd prepared. Was in about 30mins and felt like it went well anyway so we'll see.

Only thing is the team leader said the jobs probs won't be coming off until around September when they start making the new Infiniti. I've been speaking to one lad who works there and he says they've been starting loads of new lads on his section so hopefully might get in sooner (if I get in at all of course)
Best of luck marra. Hope it works out for you.

Update for anyone that's interested. Had the interview this morning and it went well I think. There were no uncomfortable silences where I couldn't answer the questions anyway. The interview was done by two guys, one was a team leader from the line and he did most of the talking/asked the questions and the other guy just made notes on my answers.

The interview format was simple enough. They started by asking me to tell them about myself and then why I wanted to work for Nissan. Was then asked 7 predetermined questions, pretty much as per ighty seven's post above. I spent a couple of hours yesterday writing down examples from my previous employment so I was pretty well prepared, so thanks for that @ighty seven

I asked them a few questions of my own which I'd prepared. Was in about 30mins and felt like it went well anyway so we'll see.

Only thing is the team leader said the jobs probs won't be coming off until around September when they start making the new Infiniti. I've been speaking to one lad who works there and he says they've been starting loads of new lads on his section so hopefully might get in sooner (if I get in at all of course)

I suspect once I register on Monday any interview I get after that will be along the same lines.

Good luck btw. Hope to see you there if I get my job. ;)

I didn't know Infiniti was the luxury brand of Nissan. I thought it was just a company started by Sebastian Vettel. You see the Infiniti logo on the Red Bull Racing cars. I will be at Croft tomorrow for the BTCC. Support Our Parras run 2 Q50's. Will have someone else to support now.

We all know you are a work shy, moaning twat.

I didn't know Cyrilsneer had a cock.

What about car jockey's? Do they have the same regimented approach to breaks?

No idea about your breaks mate. Harder for them to keep track of you though.

:eek::lol:I take it SBC 2015 is the new log in of the original, erm silly, SBC?
If so, him at Nissan

A lad wanting to get his head down and work for a living?

Not afraid of rolling up his sleeves?

Gets shit on a message board? (Well the job does)

I am proud of this fella. I hope you get accepted and it's the best move you've ever made. Good luck to you my friend. Work hard enjoy the benefits.

GOOD LUCK!!

A most commendable and heartfelt post. Well said, Sir!!

It isn't.

That was useful. What is it then, Mr Mysterious??

Last edited:
Yeah it's starting on 18,566 basic plus shift allowance of say 12% if on 2 shifts so that I guess will add an extra couple of grand on to the basic. Then a payrise every 6 months over 2 years up to 20,629 basic

I imagined it would be a lot more than that.....
The starting rate has been slashed over recent years, however top of band basic for man staff is around £13.60 (takes a canny few years to get there nowadays mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back