Got an interview at Nissan this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My pal worked at Nissan, said they take a tough approach on breaks, on the dot back to work and not very long. Said he lost 6 stone and once farted in the production line so hard that one of the Eco friendly cars drove itself out the factory

Having delivered there a few times,
the fucker never would have escaped through the scrupulous jobsworth security gates like.

My pal worked at Nissan, said they take a tough approach on breaks, on the dot back to work and not very long. Said he lost 6 stone and once farted in the production line so hard that one of the Eco friendly cars drove itself out the factory

If you didn't know some of the lads from work, looking at them outside you'd think they were heroin addicts.
According to a former physio, it's not exercise. :rolleyes:

Maintain tech will be a canny job mate, differs from the cannon fodder people that are tied to the production line, building a car every minute.
Question will be as advised prev, try and think of examples and structure the answers mate.
It's not as bad as most people on here imagine, it's gave me a canny living, paid for me house etc.
I'm 13 clem now , wouldn't mind loosing a few stone to be fair.

Maintain tech will be a canny job mate, differs from the cannon fodder people that are tied to the production line, building a car every minute.
Question will be as advised prev, try and think of examples and structure the answers mate.
It's not as bad as most people on here imagine, it's gave me a canny living, paid for me house etc.
I'm 13 clem now , wouldn't mind loosing a few stone to be fair.

It can be and is far worse, all depends what you do.

Was advised to answer interview questions in the STAR format. E.g.

Situation: I was on my break but got locked in the bog and needed to be back on the line in 2 minutes.

Task: I needed to formulate an escape plan to get me out of the bog and back at work sharp.

Action: I assessed my situation, did a risk study then stood on the netty and climbed over the partition wall to freedom.

Result: I was back at work on time meaning we exceeded our shift quota, the chief exec thanked me personally and promoted me immediately.

Hi all,

Lost my job a few weeks back. Applied on-line to Nissan last week (Manufacturing staff) and have since done the on-line mechanical & reading test, did my skills test and line trial yesterday and have an interview this Saturday.

Just wondering if anyone working there, or who started recently can tell me what to expect from the interview? What type of questions should I prepare for? It's been about 15 years since I last had a proper job interview so not really sure what to expect.

Also the lady on the phone said she'd put me into the "paint schedule" because that's the area where I did my line trial. Does that just mean one of the guys from that department will be doing the interview?

Many Thanks
I passed the aptitude and mechanical tests and thought i was going to get a job easily, did i fuck, i was interviewed by two smug pricks who wanted me to explain how to wire a plug, which I did but then they wanted me to explain exactly how a car works from the minute you turn they key. This was for an IT job. My mate went in for a similar job ansd they talked to him about skiing

RIP would rather cut my cock off with a rusty knife than work there
On the line i couldn't do it like but theres plenty of good jobs up there

A lad wanting to get his head down and work for a living?

Not afraid of rolling up his sleeves?

Gets shit on a message board? (Well the job does)

I am proud of this fella. I hope you get accepted and it's the best move you've ever made. Good luck to you my friend. Work hard enjoy the benefits.

GOOD LUCK!!

When I was interviewed there was 5 of the management team asking questions, basically consisted of giving examples of how you have worked in a team, leadership qualities, how flexible are you, working under pressure, stuff like that. I got the job but luckily I didn't take up their offer.
competency based interview questions are basically what @toddmeister should be researching, they love mentions of stuff like 5S and Kaizen (continuous improvement) so do a bit of research on those before you head in and you should be very well prepared

Nice one. How quickly did they come back to you after the interview to arrange your medical?
i know some people who have just done that course through the job centre at Gateshead college opposite the main entrance, line trial 2 weeks ago, interview last week, medical beginning of this week and start next week.

surprisingly fast turnaround

Having delivered there a few times,
the fucker never would have escaped through the scrupulous jobsworth security gates like.
i had an interview there about 2 years ago an there was some miserable fat bitch that wouldnt even check a piece of f***ing paper to let me get in for my interview, was 10 minutes late because of the stupid slut

Last edited:
When have you had to work under pressure?

When have you had to gather data/research for a task in hand?

When have you had to pull yourself out of the shit ?

How do you react to changes in your workplace/short notice overtime/shift changes etc?

I passed the interview last Thursday, got my medical next week.

Update for anyone that's interested. Had the interview this morning and it went well I think. There were no uncomfortable silences where I couldn't answer the questions anyway. The interview was done by two guys, one was a team leader from the line and he did most of the talking/asked the questions and the other guy just made notes on my answers.

The interview format was simple enough. They started by asking me to tell them about myself and then why I wanted to work for Nissan. Was then asked 7 predetermined questions, pretty much as per ighty seven's post above. I spent a couple of hours yesterday writing down examples from my previous employment so I was pretty well prepared, so thanks for that @ighty seven

I asked them a few questions of my own which I'd prepared. Was in about 30mins and felt like it went well anyway so we'll see.

Only thing is the team leader said the jobs probs won't be coming off until around September when they start making the new Infiniti. I've been speaking to one lad who works there and he says they've been starting loads of new lads on his section so hopefully might get in sooner (if I get in at all of course)

Update for anyone that's interested. Had the interview this morning and it went well I think. There were no uncomfortable silences where I couldn't answer the questions anyway. The interview was done by two guys, one was a team leader from the line and he did most of the talking/asked the questions and the other guy just made notes on my answers.

The interview format was simple enough. They started by asking me to tell them about myself and then why I wanted to work for Nissan. Was then asked 7 predetermined questions, pretty much as per ighty seven's post above. I spent a couple of hours yesterday writing down examples from my previous employment so I was pretty well prepared, so thanks for that @ighty seven

I asked them a few questions of my own which I'd prepared. Was in about 30mins and felt like it went well anyway so we'll see.

Only thing is the team leader said the jobs probs won't be coming off until around September when they start making the new Infiniti. I've been speaking to one lad who works there and he says they've been starting loads of new lads on his section so hopefully might get in sooner (if I get in at all of course)
Good lad, good luck.

Logon or register to see this image

The advertised basic starts at 18.5k with a pay rise every 6 months (provided they give you another contract) over 2 years up to 20.6k. There's then shift allowance on top. I think its 12% shift allowance if you're on 2 shifts and more if you're on 3

Aye, sounds about right. I was going to apply but I am at a supplier at the minute and it is nice and easy. The extra money isn't enough to tempt me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back