Gus Staying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's spot on with everything he's said there and needs to be backed to the hilt. This mess might take a few years to completely sort out.
He was backed well in January & he made a dog's dinner of it. I wouldn't have him in charge of the stationery cupboard after that gubbins. Scocco! :)

I look at it in the way he's the first manager in my lifetime to want to sort out such deep rooted problems, Bruce and oneill just wanted to throw money at the team.
Poyet wants to make us a full blown club, well ran professional club.

For me I'm fully behind him and I hope he gets it sorted, I have a feeling he will

This completely.

Di Canio Picked up on it when he was in charge but before then it looked like any issues apart from the first team have been ignored for far too long.

I think Short took a chance on Poyet knowing that there was a very good chance that we were going to be relegated this season but wanted someone that had the character, background, knowledge/ideas and passion to change the whole club around, and although Poyet hasn't had much experience as a manager he has had some good experience in his time at spurs and not just as a player.

I think fans expecting us to have gotten to the FA cup semi's and be safe from relegation on top of what we have done need a reality check. What Gus has done this season is way beyond what anyone was expecting when he took over. I think we can still be proud of our club we got to the league cup final, we've beaten some big teams and smashed small fry's like the mags twice over and played some good football along the way. Lets be honest Poyet has shown he can manage and go far with a team of players that want to play.

But if people really think now is the time to change managers I seriously disagree. I think it could be the worst thing to happen at the club in my life time (I'm 24). A new manager doesn't have the time now to see the club truly in action until next season and now is the time to change things with a lot of players out of contract and Poyet in charge we have a good chance of being able to completely revamp the club providing Short backs him.

Get behind Poyet!!!!

Why have you asked that question? The answer is directly above
Here:
He seems more concerned with embracing wider autonomy and, possibly, an alternative job title. "What's different here between playing for the first team and the under-21s?," he said. "Hardly anything. The dressing room's the same, as is the bus, the kit, the pitch, the footballs and the swimming pool.

Anyway I think Gus is spot on.
But there was hell on when PDC stopped anyone using the gym when the first team were there. Isn't that what Gus is saying.... there has to be a difference between first team and the rest.

He was backed well in January & he made a dog's dinner of it. I wouldn't have him in charge of the stationery cupboard after that gubbins. Scocco! :)

Interesting take on things from Chris young in today's echo. Basically saying Poyet wants to stay and try and sort things out, but only if it's on his terms, ie new job role, much more hands on with general running of things, financial backing and a closer relationship with the board. Gone public so everyone knows and it's now downtown short and Byrne to consider this and respond. I appreciate his firm stance. Shows strength.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/15/sunderland-gus-poyet-resign?CMP=twt_gu

What does he mean by this though?

"The change when you become a first-teamer is very small. I'd like to make it a little bit bigger. That doesn't say you're going to give the young players rubbish but it should be different. At the moment I'm the head coach, not the manager so it's not my responsibility."

It means he wants it to be a bigger deal when you step up to the first team from the development squad and he wnats to be Manager not Head Coach :)

I agree. But can't see most fans having the patience :lol:

Given how many 'Poyet out' threads I've seen on here I agree. Someone even said they 'couldn't give a f**k' who takes over as long as Poyet is gone.

I think we need to back Poyet. With a bit of luck, Ellis has realised that backing the players over PDC was a mistake (hence why he's allowing all of the out of contract players leave) and will back Poyet come the summer.

Given how many 'Poyet out' threads I've seen on here I agree. Someone even said they 'couldn't give a f**k' who takes over as long as Poyet is gone.

I think we need to back Poyet. With a bit of luck, Ellis has realised that backing the players over PDC was a mistake (hence why he's allowing all of the out of contract players leave) and will back Poyet come the summer.
I find it fairly odd how this forum has turned so massively anti-poyet. Personally I put it down to people being little children about wanting another day out at Wembley and they blame Poyet for taking that away from them, hence the incessant repeated whines regarding the Hull game

I find it fairly odd how this forum has turned so massively anti-poyet. Personally I put it down to people being little children about wanting another day out at Wembley and they blame Poyet for taking that away from them, hence the incessant repeated whines regarding the Hull game

Its not really odd at all though, Poyet has us in a worse situation than we were in when he took over and his January signings don't inspire confidence that he is the man to rebuild this squad.

This hits the nail firmly on the head for me.
The way people go on about the Hull cup game is pathetic. I think Poyet should be judged on the games that our shameful band of layabouts did as they were told in and actually put in some effort. By this I mean the cup games as their aim was to get to Wembley.

Spot on. Good post

Its not really odd at all though, Poyet has us in a worse situation than we were in when he took over and his January signings don't inspire confidence that he is the man to rebuild this squad.

No he hasn't. We were 7 points off 17th when he took over. The same group of players still has us 7 points off safety.

No amount of management changing will alter the fact that this group of players is one of the worst I can remember. Since 2011 we've been getting progressively worse and the one thing that's stayed constant are the players.

No he hasn't. We were 7 points off 17th when he took over. The same group of players still has us 7 points off safety.

No amount of management changing will alter the fact that this group of players is one of the worst I can remember. Since 2011 we've been getting progressively worse and the one thing that's stayed constant are the players.

Wrong.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2013-2014/table/2013-10-06

We were 6 points off safety when he arrived and are now 7 points from safety, he has took us backwards.

I'm wondering if the comments about the under 21 side don't just mean the young players coming through?

They're essentially our reserve side, so any first team player could be "dropped" and made to play for them... Maybe he's dropped players for attitude problems but has then found they're not arsed as they get the same wage, same game time, same facilities and they even get to mix with the same group of players in the dressing room, pool etc etc

Maybe he wants them to be more isolated so you can discipline a player properly?

Interesting take on things from Chris young in today's echo. Basically saying Poyet wants to stay and try and sort things out, but only if it's on his terms, ie new job role, much more hands on with general running of things, financial backing and a closer relationship with the board. Gone public so everyone knows and it's now downtown short and Byrne to consider this and respond. I appreciate his firm stance. Shows strength.

If those are his motives I partially agree, but im not sure the way he communicated it was very clever.

With his job comes responsibilities, gobbing off in the wrong way could harm the club, financially and further.

The link you posted yesterday was interesting, Pat Murphy (iirc),alluded to the fact that this is his style, ie the hump comes around very quickly, hope you are right, and the lad wants to sort us out, typically we cant call a spade a spade, we have to fanny around first, crackers eh?

He's only been here a handful of months and has an awful squad at his disposal. Calls for him to go are ridiculous, especially considering he managed to get this shower to a cup final....but thats the modern football supporter....impatient children. They know best and the only answer is a sacking.

Like this idiot. "Unmitigated disaster"....fuck me, its his first time managing at this level and while he has made mistakes and we are going down I don't know how anyone in their right mind can blame him considering what he walked into.

You're an idiot - no he been absolutely great - bottom of the league and adrift of the others teams with games to go but virtually no chance of avoiding relegation. What a success he has been. His signings are even worse than the players we already have and look likely to require shipping out already to whom I don't know - high transfer fees/wages for pure dire shit.

He should not have been appointed in the first instance. He was just what you need in a relegation battle - a unproven manager who was a failure at a lower level and who had never managed in the Premier league. What exactly were his credentials for the job - Brighton couldn't wait to get shot of him.

Who in their right mind can blame him while we are going down? F*ck me this board is getting worse. Absolute tripe I'm afraid. Well done Gus keep us the good work.

You're an idiot - no he been absolutely great - bottom of the league and adrift of the others teams with games to go but virtually no chance of avoiding relegation. What a success he has been. His signings are even worse than the players we already have and look likely to require shipping out already to whom I don't know - high transfer fees/wages for pure dire shit.

He should not have been appointed in the first instance. He was just what you need in a relegation battle - a unproven manager who was a failure at a lower level and who had never managed in the Premier league. What exactly were his credentials for the job - Brighton couldn't wait to get shot of him.

Who in their right mind can blame him while we are going down? F*ck me this board is getting worse. Absolute tripe I'm afraid. Well done Gus keep us the good work.

Good post, the Poyet apoligisers on here won't like it though.

He's only been here a handful of months and has an awful squad at his disposal. Calls for him to go are ridiculous, especially considering he managed to get this shower to a cup final....but thats the modern football supporter....impatient children. They know best and the only answer is a sacking.

Like this idiot. "Unmitigated disaster"....fuck me, its his first time managing at this level and while he has made mistakes and we are going down I don't know how anyone in their right mind can blame him considering what he walked into.
Good post, the Poyet apoligisers on here won't like it though.

It's bizarre to be fair. What apologists can he have left seriously? What on earth can you say in his favour at this stage - his now constant gibberish shit is making us look even worse - "I'm leaving if the players don't try/I'm definitely not quitting no matter what" Which one is it? Can any of his 'fans' answer that one?

Also his other spouting of pure garbage is comical if it wasn't so embarrassing and pathetic. He appears a busted flush already and is trying to deflect blame from himself which is a sure fire way to ensure that the players will alienated and resent him if they already don't as well as the fans as the many posts on here will testify. What happened to collective responsibility or team ethic.

The man will never be a top manager or for me a moderately successful manager as long as the sun shines. I hope he is sacked and replaced with someone competent at least. I'm all for continuity but not with the wrong man in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back