Jack Russell dogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a Jack Russell. She's fine until she sees a ball/stick/plastic inanimate object then she goes f***ing mental.

Been looking after a Jack Russell/Poodle cross this week who is a right pain in the arse.

Picking up my new dog at the end of the month. He's a dalmatian cross, think it's possibly springer for the other breed in him. I'm sure he's definitely not going to be nuts...

Just an update on our JR, Oscar. Had him around 6 weeks now and he's well settled in.
Stops with my dad all day so he's very attached to him now, as soon as he leaves the house he cries and goes to look around the house for him. He's class like, dead friendly and has loads of friends in our local park, he loves playing with them.
He hasn't been a spot of bother, as soon as I come to get him from work he goes for his squeaky bone to play. Only thing is on a evening he likes to be by himself, so he just lies in his basket chilling out. As soon as I go up to bed he darts up and buries himself under the blankets.
He's class.

Next door neighbours Jack Russell is gonna have pups and the mrs and kids want one, are they horrible little ankle biting dogs who suffer from small dog syndrome? Or have I got this breed completely wrong. She says one of these would be easy to manage and it wouldn't take over the house. Anyone got one? Cheers.
Growing up we had two and had nee bother, other them being happy as fuck when the post came etc. I bought one years later as a family dog and at first he was fine. He got hold of a hedgehog one day and shredded it. After getting the taste for blood he was never the same as he became very aggressive and ended up nipping my son's friend on the arm. Had to have him destroyed.

if your gonna get a jack russel then you can kiss your three piece and carpets goodbye , theose little silver hairs never come out .

I'd love some advice- just took in a jack Russell bitch about a year old as a rescue here in Spain. She'd been locked in a closed shed for a year and fed on scraps. Covered in fleas and ticks and red raw where she had been scratching herself. Cleared all that up and she has put on some weight. Bright, highly energetic little thing but she effing yaps and yaps and yaps from the time she gets up till the time she goes to bed. Love her but she is driving me and our other two rescues mad. Do they quiten down. Any advice.

got chased and bitten by one on my bike when I was a kid. little fucker grabbed onto my calf and wouldn't let go despite me pedalling furiously.

My uncle broke his foot when he kicked one which did the exact same thing. The dog chased him down the street again as soon as he was back on his (motor) bike.

Don't regret getting her at all and she settled in well at 10months old but she will try eat anything so it s hard to let her off the lead. Another downside is she has now developed bald patches on her face and snout and we are at a loss as to what they are as she has had lab scrapings taken and they have come back all clear. Anyone have any ideas ? Thinking it could be an intolerance in her food perhaps.

Wife was telling me of some bloke that got attacked off a couple of Bull Mastiffs, some woman had them off their leads, they came running to get his dog so he picked it up, they attacked him leaving him in a bad way having to go to hospital.
She got her dogs and fucked off.

Anyone know of anyone with two Bull Mastiffs in the Rowlands Gill area..?

Her sister did tell her mind so it was probably two Westies and a twisted ankle off tripping over them.

A Jack Russell would have seen them off. They're f***ing fearless!

Next door neighbours Jack Russell is gonna have pups and the mrs and kids want one, are they horrible little ankle biting dogs who suffer from small dog syndrome? Or have I got this breed completely wrong. She says one of these would be easy to manage and it wouldn't take over the house. Anyone got one? Cheers.
Nice dogs but the silver hairs tgey lose will ruin 3 piece and carpets ,

I`ve had two and they have both been fantastic little dogs. Loads and loads of character and very loyal and friendly. Absolutely love them.

I used to have one that lived until she was about 18. Beautiful dogs and it's down to the owner how the dog behaves as with all dogs. Train them well and they are fantastic pets.
Couldn`t put it better myself Tunstall. My last one was 17 and my current one is 3 and between them they have never growled or snacked at anyone. They are great friendly little things. Love them to bits. They are big dogs in little bodies.

I've had 2, my first unfortunately died aged 18 years just this October, I got him when my kids were only young and he grew up with them, i never had a problem with him..my second jack russell which I got a couple of years ago is also great he's now happily plays with my grand kids again no problems at all...All I would say is get a pup and don't give it things to chew as you'll have problems as my neighbour has found out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back