Jimmy Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember the circumstances ( or be properly familiar with them) to get the hatred.

Remember when Maggie Thatcher died, all the grave dancing from people who were angry about the mines/ships etc being closed down.

It was not an anti Alzheimer's party, it was an anti Maggie party.

This is an anti jimmy hill thread not a dig at anyone who has had a relative or friend suffer through Alzheimers.

I don't think you do need to remember the circumstances. Everyone 'gets' why he's hated.

And comparing Jimmy Hill to Margaret Thatcher? Really?

~Fair enough, I am still angry about what Thatcher and her bastards did to the North east and celebrated her death and still commemorate it with a few glasses of whisky with my mate on the day, the difference is she ruined thousands of lives in the north but very few in her tory constituencies, Jimmy Hill was just a cheat (I am 65 and remember that night only too clearly!) but I won't celebrate his family's pain. Like or lump it.

Great, that's 100% from the entire board then ........ nice to see everyone in agreement at last.

Many people will say i have a big nob....

......i forget.
So the old bastard has lost the plot.....lets not feign sympathy for him. Hes had a good innings made a few bob and pissed countless thousands off.

I don't think you do need to remember the circumstances. Everyone 'gets' why he's hated.

And comparing Jimmy Hill to Margaret Thatcher? Really?
Painful as it may be to accept Thatcher did what she believed to be the right decision.
I understand for many it is/was a bitter pill to swallow but in time everything has to move on with the times and technology.

This is a thread about a cheat who went unpunished and continued to take money out of the sport he robbed of its integrity.

I dislike Jimmy Hill and his cheating ways as much as any Sunderland fan who knows the history of their club. Having said that, I watched my mam die of Alzheimers and multi infarct dementia and I too wouldn't wish this on any family. My mam never lost the ability to recognise me and I'm thankful for that. She lived her life mostly in her own little world and only once or twice when she had a lucid moment when she would get upset and ask why this had happened to her. Jimmy Hill will be living in his own little world too, quite happily. It's his family who will be bearing the brunt of this and it's those I feel for.

There'll be no minute's silence from me when he dies and no minute's applause either. I'll quietly go and stand in the concourse and do my own thing. Politeness is a given but respect has to be earned and he never earned my respect. To show some on his death would be hypocritical of me.

Apart from Jimmy Hill delaying the kick off and then flashing our score on the big screen which lead the game to be played out as a draw with neither side trying to score a winner...
Flashing the score on a scoreboard is not any sort of crime, nor is it cheating, and only the referee can delay the game, which he would have done on safety grounds because of advice from the police because thousands of Bristol city fans were still outside the ground.

Just amazed that everybody seems to think hill was the only person responsible for doing everything at that game.

Flashing the score on a scoreboard is not any sort of crime, nor is it cheating, and only the referee can delay the game, which he would have done on safety grounds because of advice from the police because thousands of Bristol city fans were still outside the ground.

Just amazed that everybody seems to think hill was there nly person responsible for doing everything at that game.

Who said it was?

Other than this single incident, do you have any other examples of his "cheating ways"?

I expect he was talking about the cheating at the Coventry - Everton game.

Match fixing is a crime. The players were guilty of that.

Hill was on the touchline shouting at both sets of players to stop trying to score.

Who is telling you to weep? Mind you, you do seem overly obsessed with him.

Sorry mate, you've come on here and are quoting things people have said days ago, I've no idea what your quote refers to tbh.

TBH, I really can't be arsed, on a Sunday night, to be cross questioned by Kavanagh QC.

I'm not in any way obsessed with Hill, I came on a thread about him ....... I didn't start it and have no real wish to continue it.

The thread has run it's course and is best left alone ...... you'se saying nothing that hasn't already been discussed.

Take this in any way you wish.

I'm not sure of your point tbh.
I am saying if somebody posted the same comment about that person's relative it would have been jumped on as insensitive and tasteless.

I'm not in any way obsessed with Hill, I came on a thread about him ....... I didn't start it and have no real wish to continue it.

You are completely obsessed with him, and that night. And you have posted on it a hell of a lot for somebody who doesn't wish to continue it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back