Mannone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the ball alive? He could have just booted it upfield instead of fannying on. It was an awful fuck up.

Took me a few seconds to get that.;)

If you read back I'm arguing that he would have been wrong to 'boot it into the stands' as someone suggested.
It should have been one touch then clear upfield, thus keeping the ball alive, but unfortunately he got his feet muddled up. 9 times out of 10 he would have been fine and executed the clearance.

If you read back I'm arguing that he would have been wrong to 'boot it into the stands' as someone suggested.
It should have been one touch then clear upfield, thus keeping the ball alive, but unfortunately he got his feet muddled up. 9 times out of 10 he would have been fine and executed the clearance.

I think the plastic bag floating around his vicinity put him off as well ;)

Needs dropping. Diabolical today. Looked nervous which I think is natural given last week but the second goal today was his fault 110%. First thing you're taught as any defensive player is "if in doubt put it out" so why on earth he's had to take a touch while under pressure then managed to cock up that badly is beyond me.

Aye Buckley was shite today as well mind but that clanger was all mannone.

Pantilimon in goal for me next week.
Although it was mannone fault, don't know what the Fuck Buckley was doing passing it back from there

Vito Mannone had the best saves to shots ratio in the 2013-14 Premier League. But he was never that good, f***ing hell man, some of you need to log off and not come back.
You need to log off if you think a stat like that determines how good a goalkeeper is.

Vito Mannone had the best saves to shots ratio in the 2013-14 Premier League. But he was never that good, f***ing hell man, some of you need to log off and not come back.

Before last weekend he was still near the top of stats, now he isn't anywhere close this season. So has he suddenly become complete shite or is maybe there more to it than stats?

He was voted our best player last season just 3 months ago. I heard that Mannone was the best thing that happened to Sunderland, how come the sudden change. I too think we have issues and Mannone was bypassed by Ki as i voted for Ki followed by Borini but the majority have now turned on him when the fault really lies elsewhere. The biggest at fault here is our attack as they always say the best defense is a strong offense, followed by our full backs who are out of depth followed by our Manager and his system. Mannone is not the problem nor the answer.

Needs dropping. Diabolical today. Looked nervous which I think is natural given last week but the second goal today was his fault 110%. First thing you're taught as any defensive player is "if in doubt put it out" so why on earth he's had to take a touch while under pressure then managed to cock up that badly is beyond me.
:(
Strongly disagree the Defender should have Booted the Ball away instead of putting the Keeper under undue pressure far too much back passing that is what is putting us in the position we are today as you say if indoubt Boot the Ball off the Park .... :(

Aye Buckley was shite today as well mind but that clanger was all mannone.

Pantilimon in goal for me next week.

Vito Mannone put in his two worst Sunderland performances in quick succession against Southampton and old club Arsenal, so is now the right time to take him out of the firing line? Italian goalkeeper Vito Mannone was outstanding last season when helping Sunderland to eventual Premier League safety and a Capital One Cup final day out at Wembley,...

More at Roker Report...

The lad needs a holiday. Great goalie massively let down by the shite that laughably calls itself a defence. Brown :lol: O'Shea (just given a massive new 2 year contract days after we get humped 0 v 8) :oops:

If you're not going to give your backup goalkeeper a game when the number one has been at fault for about 4 goals in the last two games then you never will.

Ha'way Pants yer big, lanky bastard

If you're not going to give your backup goalkeeper a game when the number one has been at fault for about 4 goals in the last two games then you never will.

Ha'way Pants yer big, lanky bastard
the lads confidence is clearly fucked. Repleacment needed for the Palace game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back