Moments in life that shaped the rest of your whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is this if you don't mind me asking?

Sounds like a missing plane.
its a mutant gene, the same one that ensured 3 close family members developed colon cancer resulting in 2 dying..........you can imagine I'm not at all happy.

Returning to Uni. after five years got me back on track back in 1999, doing some really interesting research work, with bits of kit I never thought I'd have the chance to play with and most importantly giving my self-confidence a much needed boost. It's just a shame I undid it all by a bad choice of job against my best instincts in late 2005.

Some of my past travels to some amazing places have also had a profound effect and left an indellible mark on my memory.

Going to uni, everything that's good in my life has came from that one decision. Crazy when I think about it.

Watching the 1973 Cup Final on the telly with Mum and when Porterfield scored I fell into a deep pit of love with this extraordinary game.
Being taken to Much Ado About Nothing with Donald Sinden and Judy Dench at the Theatre Royal. I fell into another deep pit, this one of wonder.
Borrowing a cassette tape of Handel's Ode for St Cecelia's Day from Newcastle Central Library and listening to it on my walkman going home and nearly falling off my seat on the metro. No deep pits this time, just felt like I'd been hit from on high by something God was hoying about or summat. Well you did ask.
Deciding to come on here.
Deciding to go along to a do @Muppet was organising even though I'd never met her - I'm a lucky lady for the friendships that have grown from that.
A couple of personal moments I'm not sharing with you nosy buggers.

What is this if you don't mind me asking?

Sounds like a missing plane.

MLH1 is a protein involved in repairing DNA mismatches. The version linked to a variety of cancers carries a mutation rendering it non-functional. Occasionally there is a mutation which prevents the protein being produced.

How did you discover it?

I 'slipped and fell' on the Sky remote. We'd just got Sky+ as well and I paused the f***ing thing on Bargain Hunt.

Ended up coming all over David Dickinson's face.

Father O'Leary kept me back at Sunday school one weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back