Nissan Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes Nissan two years to build and install a new press?

People have built buildings faster than that

Hitachi i think. And at a cost of around £50 million and given thats it's the size of a rather large house, then aye.

That and they'll probably have to extend the factory to house it anarl.

Hitachi i think. And at a cost of around £50 million and given thats it's the size of a rather large house, then aye.

Similar to tallents, we've had to knock our old press shop down just to get the new ones in.

Mate of mine has been knocked off his motorbike twice, the second time almost killing him and him being very close to losing his foot. Both times he was hit by Nissan gaffers on the wrong side of the road.

I got knocked off my motorbike in the Nissan carpark by a gaffer that spotted an empty space and swerved towards it.

Here right if they're so complicated

What made the press? A bigger press? Who made the original press from which all other presses have been made?

Nissans press is huge, but i'm pretty sure it's canny small compared to some presses out there, so your first point isn't as ridiculous as youre trying to make it sound.

I was going to post the same message a write to Nissan to complain about this and another issue
Last week driving down Washington highway about 1120 pm which must coincide with a shift change the cars coming from Nissan onto Washington highway were to a man driving like maniacs . Tearing onto the main road down the slip road at about 80 mph and forcing there way onto the road must of been about 2 dozen cars in about 10 secs
Same last night at testos about 1120 tearing round the roundabout cutting in at last minute then being tail gated all e way to dene estate
Second point is their transporter drivers using there mobile phones when going up the a19
They'll probably deny any responsibility but it's worth a letter
Bet its a right laugh in your house on an evening. You sound like a character out of the Viz.

Logon or register to see this image

They're a canny size these body presses tha knars.
That's mint, I bet you could kill a terminator with that!

Last edited:

Looking into brand new premises for it as far as I'm aware.

It takes Nissan two years to build and install a new press?

People have built buildings faster than that

The press machine is bigger than modt buildings. Its collosol. Also it goes as far underground as it does above ground. They cant just remove the old one it will be left unusable and a new one built then everything else moved to suit. Even though nissan owns the land they will need to get planning permission aswell as building a massive extension. Capeche

The press machine is bigger than modt buildings. Its collosol. Also it goes as far underground as it does above ground. They cant just remove the old one it will be left unusable and a new one built then everything else moved to suit. Even though nissan owns the land they will need to get planning permission aswell as building a massive extension. Capeche

What the fuck does it do!?

Don't you dare say 'press things'

It presses rolls of steel into the basic shapes of the car then robots weld them together to the actual shape of the car.

Manager meeting today said yes it has a new crack but its not a problem and its common for press machines to have cracks? Also said the productivity there getting out of it atm is the best its ever been apparantly flying cars out at a large rate. Bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back