Nissan Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

It presses rolls of steel into the basic shapes of the car then robots weld them together to the actual shape of the car.

Manager meeting today said yes it has a new crack but its not a problem and its common for press machines to have cracks? Also said the productivity there getting out of it atm is the best its ever been apparantly flying cars out at a large rate. Bummer

They kept that technology quiet

It takes Nissan two years to build and install a new press?

People have built buildings faster than that

nissan build cars not presses. this is thd biggest of its kind in the world, 5000 tonnes per square inch.

to build, transport to site and install there is a 2 year lead time. its not something you can order off amazon and get in time for christmas

The press machine is bigger than modt buildings. Its collosol. Also it goes as far underground as it does above ground. They cant just remove the old one it will be left unusable and a new one built then everything else moved to suit. Even though nissan owns the land they will need to get planning permission aswell as building a massive extension. Capeche

I do plans and stuff. Ask the gaffers if they want any doing il charge them £60

nissan build cars not presses. this is thd biggest of its kind in the world, 5000 tonnes per square inch.

to build, transport to site and install there is a 2 year lead time. its not something you can order off amazon and get in time for christmas

Was hoping for one in the black friday sale.

The press machine is bigger than modt buildings. Its collosol. Also it goes as far underground as it does above ground. They cant just remove the old one it will be left unusable and a new one built then everything else moved to suit. Even though nissan owns the land they will need to get planning permission aswell as building a massive extension. Capeche
They already have planning permission, building work is to start as soon as the body and trim extensions are finished. The old press is being left in place and completely refurbished, which they obviously can't do at the minute as it'll take months to do properly, they'll them have 2 git big presses and be able to make more cars and exploit more line monkeys. Good for the local economy/ supply chain though,

The pay negotiations are 2% increase for the next two years, finishing on the 19th instead of the 22nd and also a £500 bonus in your Xmas pay.. Voting starts December from what I have heard..

Oh and if nissan win the new engine, which I'm sure they have already have it.. The cylinder head line is moving over to castings (summer shutdown) to make room for the new engine line, or worse case being moved to Poland...

The pay negotiations are 2% increase for the next two years, finishing on the 19th instead of the 22nd and also a £500 bonus in your Xmas pay.. Voting starts December from what I have heard..

Oh and if nissan win the new engine, which I'm sure they have already have it.. The cylinder head line is moving over to castings (summer shutdown) to make room for the new engine line, or worse case being moved to Poland...

That pay negs deal was made up over a week ago.

We already break up on the 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back