Nissan Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It presses rolls of steel into the basic shapes of the car then robots weld them together to the actual shape of the car.

Manager meeting today said yes it has a new crack but its not a problem and its common for press machines to have cracks? Also said the productivity there getting out of it atm is the best its ever been apparantly flying cars out at a large rate. Bummer
Which could be the reason it's cracked, by them flogging the arse out of it?

That ethos sums the whole place up, tbh.

Standing by that big press and feeling the ground shake is canny cool, like.
Can well imagine, used to work at Calsonic and the presses used to shake the ground there, and they were a fraction of the size of that beast.

Can well imagine, used to work at Calsonic and the presses used to shake the ground there, and they were a fraction of the size of that beast.

Same deal when I was at Unipres. But as you say, they aren't anywhere near the size.

I haven't worked at NMUK for about 12 years, now but I was in the body shop for most of my time there and would occasionally wander over to the press shop (or go shopping in trim and chassis, after work, but that is another story) and iirc, that press was stamping different panels, all the time and hoying them down slides.

Boom! Door skin
Boom! Roof skin
Boom! Quarter panel
Etc

Maybe I remember that wrong? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back