Pedestrian killed by single punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

So going around in a gang assaulting people is the way to go, you just bring your own witnesses, it could catch on unfortunately. This f***ing country eh...
Well, this happened in 2000 or summat, so I don't think much has changed. If you have no witnesses for the prosecution you struggle to get a conviction

I think they just went through the motions in court

The fellow on the bike does seem to stop at the end of the video and be getting off his bike, presumably to see if the lad is OK.

you want an act of violence committed against him?

I'm not usually a fan of the "Eye for an Eye" type of justice, but people like this just laugh at the legal system. That lad was doing no one any harm. Just made a daft comment about cycling on the path and the blokes mate takes offence.

Well, this happened in 2000 or summat, so I don't think much has changed. If you have no witnesses for the prosecution you struggle to get a conviction

I think they just went through the motions in court
And they wonder why people take things into their own hands, if the law doesn't protect you then you protect yourself and your loved ones, retrospectively if necessary!

I can't imagine a scenario whereby I'd have it in me do to that to another person. Probably because I'm not a psycho like but it honestly baffles me.

And they wonder why people take things into their own hands, if the law doesn't protect you then you protect yourself and your loved ones, retrospectively if necessary!
I totally agree but the problem with that is your family suffers when you get sent down.

Maybe, but take that idea to the extreme and you have the US of A

Of course there should be tougher sentences for those convicted, but you cannot really oppose the jury system, despite the imbalances it can produce

Maybe, but take that idea to the extreme and you have the US of A

Of course there should be tougher sentences for those convicted, but you cannot really oppose the jury system, despite the imbalances it can produce
True but there should be a prohibitive minimum sentence for taking a life unless in 'real' self defense or defending your property, especially when it's caught on cctv like the OP, a robber already on a suspended sentence assaulting someone like that deserves a hell of a lot more than 4yrs, it's f***ing madness man.

True but there should be a prohibitive minimum sentence for taking a life unless in 'real' self defense or defending your property, especially when it's caught on cctv like the OP, a robber already on a suspended sentence assaulting someone like that deserves a hell of a lot more than 4yrs, it's f***ing madness man.
Agree of course

People cannot compare it to Clive mantle though, unfortunately those scrotes were found not guilty

Amazing how two lads in their late twenties/early thirties needed saving from the beast of a man that is a thespian in his mid fifties to the point they alledgedly 'feared for their lives'. Not sure who buys any of this tired old shite in a courtroom.

I was on jury service years ago and there was a case where a lad had pulled a bird in a club, went back to hers after and her old boyfriend had turned up and battered the shite out of him. There were a couple of women on the jury who refused to find the old boyfriend guilty of assault because he seemed a nice lad and one of them expressed the opinion that "he must of had a right punch on him" because he'd knocked the kid out! She was visibly impressed with this, but couldn't see that just because he had the ability and was a bit upset with the girl for not wanting him anymore, he shouldn't be knocking people out. The case had to be re-tried on the basis that the jury couldn't decide and the judge was flabbergasted. I dread to think I'd be in the hands of such morons if I were ever to end up in court.

No different to the knackers that go out on a Saturday night and are only happy once they've had a bit of a scrap.

Violence of any sort should be an automatic prison sentence and in this case it should be a murder charge IMO.
I'm a believer that if you commit any offence against another human, you lose your own right to humanity and should be severely punished.
Rapists/sex offenders should be castrated, murderers removed from this earth, and acts of violence like this should carry heavy prison sentences.

And not just holiday camp prisons, proper prisons where they are locked up in a room, no TV, no play stations and other luxuries. Fuck their human rights, they gave up those whilst committing the crime in my opinion.

Over absolutely nothing.

Big tough lad, presumably encounters loads of opportunities to show how hard he is throughout the day but chooses to prove it on a 40 year old bloke with Aspergers.

I'd always wondered how people like this get through their day without having to punch everyone they meet. I know the answer now, they're cowards and won't do anything like this to people they think might retaliate.

I was on jury service years ago and there was a case where a lad had pulled a bird in a club, went back to hers after and her old boyfriend had turned up and battered the shite out of him. There were a couple of women on the jury who refused to find the old boyfriend guilty of assault because he seemed a nice lad and one of them expressed the opinion that "he must of had a right punch on him" because he'd knocked the kid out! She was visibly impressed with this, but couldn't see that just because he had the ability and was a bit upset with the girl for not wanting him anymore, he shouldn't be knocking people out. The case had to be re-tried on the basis that the jury couldn't decide and the judge was flabbergasted. I dread to think I'd be in the hands of such morons if I were ever to end up in court.
The law deems you are judged by a jury of your peers, I would argue half the people dragging their knuckles on the floor today aren't fit for jury service, would they interview them over here like they do in the U.S (on tv/film anyway) to see if they are unbiased and of sufficient intelligence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back