Pedestrian killed by single punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously with the prisons full,on the quiet they're being told not to lock anyone up or if you do make it short as possible, no matter what the crime.
Scandalous really to think that harmless blokes life is only worth a couple of years, when that piece of cowardly shit will be back on the streets.
The vile establishment of this country has got us fucked.

That'd be seriously worrying if true considering the judiciary should be wholly independent.

Nothing is independent. Except Switzerland, who must have been extremely confident of victory given they included a corkscrew in their army knife.

Aye, I suppose so. In practice people have various inclinations and influences.

I'm talking about cases where there is proof beyond doubt that the person done it. You know, like the two fuckers who chopped up the poor bloke in the street, who will now spend the rest of their lives in a cushy jail out of the reach of other inmates to protect them.

...and what if there's any doubt? Just hoy them in the nick? Surely you can see how that's unworkable?

You can't have 'guilty beyond doubt to satisfy requirements for the DP' and 'only a mebbes so we'll chuck him in prison'. Our justice system would implode.[DOUBLEPOST=1393456328][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thing is though we have shedloads on here who are quick to offer up "I would have chinned him", I assume plenty have too. You see where I'm going here? Imo differing circumstances demand a more nuanced approach to the Law than the version you're offering up.[/quote]

Quality! :lol:

Last edited:
Absolutely disgraceful. I don't think I want to have kids to bring them up in a society like this. Fucked over by the tax system, justice system and every other f***ing system. I despire. I really do.

Not disagreeing with you at all, but just how does one do that?

Not disagreeing with you at all, but just how does one do that?
Oops :oops::lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1393484190][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was on jury service years ago and there was a case where a lad had pulled a bird in a club, went back to hers after and her old boyfriend had turned up and battered the shite out of him. There were a couple of women on the jury who refused to find the old boyfriend guilty of assault because he seemed a nice lad and one of them expressed the opinion that "he must of had a right punch on him" because he'd knocked the kid out! She was visibly impressed with this, but couldn't see that just because he had the ability and was a bit upset with the girl for not wanting him anymore, he shouldn't be knocking people out. The case had to be re-tried on the basis that the jury couldn't decide and the judge was flabbergasted. I dread to think I'd be in the hands of such morons if I were ever to end up in court.
Unbelievable that mind. You not have to pass some sort of IQ test for Jury Service? Can you do it with a criminal record?

A honest person could end up being tried by a scumbag with history (or history without being caught)

Last edited:
Oops :oops::lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1393484190][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unbelievable that mind. You not have to pass some sort of IQ test for Jury Service? Can you do it with a criminal record?

A honest person could end up being tried by a scumbag with history (or history without being caught)

No,and yes.Well,about 30 years ago when i served,that was the case.Would'nt swear ;) to it now.

transpires the fucker came from the clowncar womb of this odious piece of shit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ch-death-no-big-deal-says-killers-mother.html

From the article:

The mother of a man who knocked down and killed an autistic boy with one punch dismissed it as “no big deal” and something that would be “forgotten tomorrow.”

I might have mis-read but this was the 40 year old victim?

Edit:

Woman in green coat should be prosecuted for not intervening or helping?

From the article:

The mother of a man who knocked down and killed an autistic boy with one punch dismissed it as “no big deal” and something that would be “forgotten tomorrow.”

I might have mis-read but this was the 40 year old victim?

Edit:

Woman in green coat should be prosecuted for not intervening or helping?

They are getting mixed up. He was 40 years old or whatever but he had the intelligence of a 14 year old due to his condition?

What made it a one kill punch (enough force to knock him out, causing him to fall back and crack his head on the road) is that the attacker didn't just do a standing punch, but stepped into it getting his full weight in. Clearly made his mind up that he was going to punch him, and punch him hard. That alone should have seen him get a longer sentance under the manslaughter banner. He didn't intend to kill, but he definatly wanted to cause as much pain as possible with one blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back