"Pre season results don't matter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vergini fiasco? He's out on loan. Seems he's found an answer for that.
The Alvarez fiasco hasn't even been decided yet.

Yet again I'll say people don't really know why they are criticising him.

Yes, we just bought a player for £2m this summer and immediately sent him out on loan, the club are that embarrassed about the situation they didn't even formally announce that we had signed Vergini. We cannot as a club afford to spunk £10m up the wall and Congerton is 100% the person to blame for these fiasco's.

We will both know very soon. Those f-cking clutches are a nuisance though.
No we won't. If we have a shite season it'll not be because we got beat at Doncaster. Pre season results have no baring. Having a good pre season fitness wise however does.

No we won't. If we have a shite season it'll not be because we got beat at Doncaster. Pre season results have no baring. Having a good pre season fitness wise however does.
One thing leads to another, win a few games and your more likely to win the next, lose a few and the results demoralisation, loss of confidence, will make you more likely to lose the next game. It was Doncaster Rovers we were playing, it's not so long ago that they dumped out of the Football League.

Yes, we just bought a player for £2m this summer and immediately sent him out on loan, the club are that embarrassed about the situation they didn't even formally announce that we had signed Vergini. We cannot as a club afford to spunk £10m up the wall and Congerton is 100% the person to blame for these fiasco's.
Fuck me bandy :lol:

Of course I do, however I like to think I have a bit of balance.

Something sadly lacking in your opening post.

A lack of balance would have me slating Lens.

Horrific recruitment has defined our last 3-4 years - of players and of management. I see little sign of that changing in this window, with the one positive note being one of Advocaat's former players.

Congerton has had since January 31st to plan for this window - a window that saw us need at least 5 new first teamers, a healthy amount of outgoings and a permanent manager. I've tried and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but here were are, 2 weeks away from the season kicking off and serving up the same old shite with the same old shite players.

Instead of attacking my criticism of Congerton, how about mounting a defence? I'd genuinely welcome someone telling me about the good things he's doing that I'm blind to.

Wind your neck in.

It's pathetic for a bloke your age to sit slating the club for a performance you've not witnessed. If you'd have seen the game you'd know how far off your assement of it was.
We got beat 2-0 of Doncaster mate, we couldn't score so little has changed since last season.

do you get 3 points for a win like?

no

Do you think we'll get many points if we carry this form into the league campaign. And if not, what do you think is going to change between now and then?

Horrific recruitment has defined our last 3-4 years - of players and of management. I see little sign of that changing in this window, with the one positive note being one of Advocaat's former players.

Congerton has had since January 31st to plan for this window - a window that saw us need at least 5 new first teamers, a healthy amount of outgoings and a permanent manager. I've tried and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but here were are, 2 weeks away from the season kicking off and serving up the same old shite with the same old shite players.

Instead of attacking my criticism of Congerton, how about mounting a defence? I'd genuinely welcome someone telling me about the good things he's doing that I'm blind to.
Defoe for Altidore was a great bit of business

Some don't want to hear the truth mate, some on here won't have owt said against short and his white running of a top flight club. Congers is paid no doubt we'll to sort the mess out and he's having a massive time doing it infact I think we've added more shite to the wage bill just like under di fanti that in a year or two we will be stuck with wanting rid of.

Can't help but think this thread wouldn't be half as long if we'd trounced Donny 4-0 and played good football.

Pre season games mean nothing for the start of the season
Results don't but seeing the very same issues in these preseason games we struggled with all season doesn't bode well, we ain't going to suddenly turn mint when the real stuff kicks off there's Nee magic switch.

Do you think we'll get many points if we carry this form into the league campaign. And if not, what do you think is going to change between now and then?

Players don't try 100% in friendlies and nor should they

Don't be stupid

Pre season games mean nothing for the start of the season

Of course they do. If they didn't, teams would just do intensive training.

Getting beat doesn't especially matter, but if you get beat due to the problems that blighted your previous campaign then you'd be blind not conclude that those problems will evaporate when the season kicks off.

And we've signed 3.

In January, he'll have been planning for this window with Poyet. In March / April he'll have been planning for it in the Championship. He could only really crack on when DA signed on for another season.

I'm not here to defend Congerton & I'm certainly not going to try & defend our recruitment over recently seasons - but what Io take issue with over this thread is the way you've used a completely meaningless result as evidence that it somehow validates your position. It was a f***ing training exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back