Sheffield Child Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest common denominator in all of this is the assuaging of parental responsibility to everybody else.
When you sign your kids into state care with all the loco parentis signatures that requires, the very least you should expect is that they are safe. Sorry.

When you sign your kids into state care with all the loco parentis signatures that requires, the very least you should expect is that they are safe. Sorry.
I didn't realise you signed them over, like a contract. How does that work?

I didn't realise you signed them over, like a contract. How does that work?
You do.

Quiet a few of those kids were escaping from care homes and that means signing over parental responsibility to the local authority. This has been a clusterfuck of monumental proportions, make no mistake.

You do.

Quiet a few of those kids were escaping from care homes and that means signing over parental responsibility to the local authority. This has been a clusterfuck of monumental proportions, make no mistake.
I get that, but why? Why did so many kids (girls) need to be in care? Are there so many dysfunctional families that these bairns were placed into vulnerable situations by lack of care and/or awareness?

I get that, but why? Why did so many kids (girls) need to be in care? Are there so many dysfunctional families that these bairns were placed into vulnerable situations by lack of care and/or awareness?

Yes and no. Some are dysfunctional, some have hearts in the right place but don't have the skills and some have loving and caring parents tearing their hair out.

The biggest common denominator in these stories is the police not doing their job and turning a blind eye.

Which I fear at heart is because of the view that wayward thirteen year olds from care homes are worthless slags and sluts who should be written off and left to their fate. Whether girls in Rotherham or boys in Kincora.

How do you ensure that then? Try enforcing a curfew on a 14 year old who hates the world. When they don't come back, as thousands don't each evening, what would you do then to ensure their safety? Tell me about the guarantees you could offer said parents....

Which I fear at heart is because of the view that wayward thirteen year olds from care homes are worthless slags and sluts who should be written off and left to their fate. Whether girls in Rotherham or boys in Kincora.
It's no different from the 70s/80s and the Saville years. The 1989 Children Act was supposed to put an end to this shite. Unreal.

How do you ensure that then? Try enforcing a curfew on a 14 year old who hates the world. When they don't come back, as thousands don't each evening, what would you do then to ensure their safety? Tell me about the guarantees you could offer said parents....
There is only section 25 secure accommodation. But that can only be applied if the kids are absconding from standard less restrictive care or they are likely to injure themselves or another.

We kept a diary on every one of them. Keep them active and interested and if any do a runner inform the police with the likely bolt holes they go for. A running means restricted freedom and close watch. All understood by the kid beforehand.

There is only section 25 secure accommodation. But that can only be applied if the kids are absorbing from standard less restrictive care or they are likely to injure themselves or another.
Also a statement of special educational needs.

We kept a diary on every one of them. Keep them active and interested and if any do a runner inform the police with the likely bolt holes they go for. A running means restricted freedom and close watch. All understood by the kid beforehand.

Also a statement of special educational needs.
Didn't work though, did it?

Most disgusting thing is people using it as a chance to slag of the police.
It is all the Immigrants fault sooner they are deported the better
do you think before you hit the "post reply" button ? :rolleyes::confused:

There is only section 25 secure accommodation. But that can only be applied if the kids are absconding from standard less restrictive care or they are likely to injure themselves or another.

I'd wager that almost everyone of the victims of these scandals had absconded on a regular basis from care homes so why were they not in secure accomodation?

The Police who are getting ran ragged on a night shift, simply don't have the resources to go looking for these kids- they treat mispers as a priority but you can't prioritise them over crimes in action. It's simply not possible to guarantee people who sign over their kids to the state that the kids will be safe.

So you can guarantee that none of the girls who "did a runner" & who you gave "likely bolt holes" to were never, eve sexually exploited?
Absolutely. You build relationships with the kids and even their mates on the outside. Your job. Alarm bells should have been going off all over the shop.

I'd wager that almost everyone of the victims of these scandals had absconded on a regular basis from care homes so why were they not in secure accomodation?
That should have been the recommendation. In some cases however carers did have serious concerns and the police did fuck all. Breakdown on every level by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back