Slipknot - The Negative One

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been around for yonks haven't they?

One of the band members was interviewed on Radio 1 this week and he sounded really polite and mild mannered, for some reason I was expecting to be shouting in a really deep and scary voice.

They've been around for yonks haven't they?

One of the band members was interviewed on Radio 1 this week and he sounded really polite and mild mannered, for some reason I was expecting to be shouting in a really deep and scary voice.
First album 1999 so aye quite a while. Anyone 15 or under who goes to see them in January will not have been born when they released their debut!

I imagine it was Cory Taylor you heard, very articulate and intelligent. Fantastic musician as well. Yes he can growl/scream - but he easily has one of the best voices in music over the last 15 years. Check out some acoustic stuff he does - fantastic. Oh and his Stone Sour material too.

I would have went but I'm not paying £50. Already seem them too and Korn are shite.

I would have went but I'm not paying £50. Already seem them too and Korn are shite.

Ah ye see...I'm excited about Korn, I think they'll be class! Falling Away From Me is one of my pissed karaoke specials :lol:

Ditto. Got a pre sale link yesterday so decided to take the plunge and get along. Should be interesting...!

Me too! Seen Slipknot twice before and they always put on an outstanding show. Should be great fun...though I'm passed the days of moshing or crowd surfing. Think I'll just stand and nod my head whilst giving the odd cheer! OLD!!!! :p

Last edited:
Ah ye see...I'm excited about Korn, I think they'll be class! Falling Away From Me is one of my pissed karaoke specials :lol:
I can't get away with them at all. Freak On A Leash is about the only one I like.

I worry about people who like this music

A lot of the people who make that 'sort' of music are quite intelligent.

Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics IIRC.
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden is a qualified airline pilot.

There's also research that shows that heavy metal stuff is good for kids.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...the-soundtrack-of-child-prodigies-441151.html

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2007/mar/21/whymetalfansarebrainier

Ridiculous price that like, thought it'd be about 20 - 30 quid
For Slipknot and Korn?!?

to the op, sounds very like early Slipknot, many rumours it's about Joey Jordison which makes sense.

I love them, the new album sounds unreal and I can't wait to see them! Korn playing their first album as well for their anniversary is just amazing too!

I'm going! Excited!! :)
ME TOO!

Pre drinks? :cool:

For Slipknot and Korn?!?

to the op, sounds very like early Slipknot, many rumours it's about Joey Jordison which makes sense.

I love them, the new album sounds unreal and I can't wait to see them! Korn playing their first album as well for their anniversary is just amazing too!

ME TOO!

Are you going to throw your knickers onto the stage?

Are you going to throw your knickers onto the stage?

Nah probably not

the 20th is the album release day.

check out "the devil in i".
quality tune and mad vid.

and if u dont know the new album is due on the 20th then your love is as crazy as your posts
Video is absolutely mental, probably one of my favourite videos by them actually!

I've got the album on pre order and they've released like 5 of the songs already

For Slipknot and Korn?!?

ME TOO!

Has it been confirmed Korn are playing the first album in full?
I think of those prices as more Metallica/Maiden/Sabbath prices....

Has it been confirmed Korn are playing the first album in full?
I think of those prices as more Metallica/Maiden/Sabbath prices....
Agree. Thought it would have been around £35. £50 is just daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back