Slipknot - The Negative One

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the people who make that 'sort' of music are quite intelligent.

Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics IIRC.
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden is a qualified airline pilot.

There's also research that shows that heavy metal stuff is good for kids.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...the-soundtrack-of-child-prodigies-441151.html

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2007/mar/21/whymetalfansarebrainier

The only real similarity between Queen and Slipknot is that they're both shite.

Agree. Thought it would have been around £35. £50 is just daft.
Actual tickets are £39.50 - the £50 quoted about will be with all the booking fees and delivery etc. For £50 that will be special tracked delivery - that was something silly like £7.50. I'm picking mine up so paying about £44 for a standing ticket.

That sounds worth it, the first Korn album was class (if a bit disturbing though)
It was! Mint album, Jonathan Davis is brilliant! He did the soundtrack for Queen Of The Damned and it was a fantastic album

The only real similarity between Queen and Slipknot is that they're both shite.

I can understand people not liking Slipknot, but how can you honestly call Queen shite?

Unless you're a Oasis/Stone Roses fan then I understand.

I can understand people not liking Slipknot, but how can you honestly call Queen shite?

Unless you're a Oasis/Stone Roses fan then I understand.

It's overblown wankery.

I don't like Oasis and have a mild interest in The Stone Roses. I'm not sure why me liking either of them would be relevant though.

I saw them once. Think I lost all interest when the clown or someone climbed on the drums and started nutting them.

I still stand by my rule that the amount of stage gimmicks is inversely proportional to the quality of the music. Therefore, slipnot are leaning towards shite.

Duality is canny though.

Love them me, must of listened to Iowa a million times. Looking forward to hearing the new album next week.
If you pre order on iTunes (not android cause it's shite :cool:) you seem to get like an early half release, well I have anyway, it's given me half the album :eek:
Listened about 6/7 times to the album now and it is very good. Gets much better each time anarl. The three 'singles' (The Devil In I, The Negative One and Custer) are a fair reflection I would say. Heavy but quite a melodic album, the vocals are spot on as would be expected.

Think I'll just get this from HMV. I've only listened to the first two tracks that were released like. Strangely, I haven't been that excited about it.

Love them me, must of listened to Iowa a million times. Looking forward to hearing the new album next week.
Iowa's probably me favourite like.

Last edited by a moderator:
seen them in a show with Machinehead, never been a Machinehead fan but they made Slipknot look like a pub band
I was at that one like. Slipknot, Machine Head and Children of Bodom at the arena in 2009. My first ever show actually.

One or two songs are listenable but in the main they're utter turd.

Think I'll just get this from HMV. I've only listened to the first two tracks that were released like. Strangely, I haven't been that excited about it.

Iowa's probably me favourite like.
I like all of their albums but I have Iowa on cd, vinyl, the Japanese cd and the 10 year anniversary cd plus its the only album of theirs on my iPod :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back