The Chelsea's and Man City/Unt's and Liverpools of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pray tell where these huge profits will come from then...............

The tv money has to hit a ceiling soon and the sponsorship deals cant keep rising as they do.

The only way I can see is for the top clubs to take their own TV monies and that's would see the formation of their own league which I think will be doomed to failure as Joe Public will soon get sick of it and the cost of watching it..........

FFP in my mind wont change the game at all its doomed to failure as all the early signs point to it..

Because transfer fees and wages will see a slow and steady decline, not yet mind, and will still be silly money. The people who own these 'things' will all get together behind closed doors and form a cartel. They are infighting at the moment but eventually see it as counter productive as they the money men are not making any money just chucking it at lads who they probably deem idiots, along with their agents.

If you think that the ultra rich and sports corporations are going to keep chucking money away with no return I think that is naïve, IMO of course. I'd look to American Football for the sort of model that will be about in ten years time.

We would have missed out on beating Man City regularly.

Knocking Man U out of the cup last season and taking the piss out of their fans and Fergie when they lost the league on the last day of the season.

Breaking Mourinho unbeaten home record at Chelsea.

It's games like the above which make it all worth while :cool:

Plus we'd still be shit, when playing in a league of the 'also rans'!! :lol:

European League won't happen the elite clubs like the status quo, winning or nearly winning their domestic leagues every year and a good crack at the CL. Imagine a European League where some of the elite teams finish mid table to bottom. Their fans would desert in droves and their 'brand ' (urghh) would be damaged in the Far East.

Because transfer fees and wages will see a slow and steady decline, not yet mind, and will still be silly money. The people who own these 'things' will all get together behind closed doors and form a cartel. They are infighting at the moment but eventually see it as counter productive as they the money men are not making any money just chucking it at lads who they probably deem idiots, along with their agents.

If you think that the ultra rich and sports corporations are going to keep chucking money away with no return I think that is naïve, IMO of course. I'd look to American Football for the sort of model that will be about in ten years time.
Cant see it myself............the games far too spread and wide ie to many top teams competing in top leagues across europe across Europe that I cant see them all falling into line and singing from the same songsheet.......

When they all want the best players you haven't a hope in hell of getting them to all put a ceiling on things and if wages and transfer fees are still going to be in your words "silly" where are the huge profits clubs are going to make coming from..

They might get together in terms of a super league but your average punter would soon tire of both the costs in watching it and its inevitable repetitive nature.......
As for the ultra rich and sports corporations wanting a return at some point,the ultra rich at the top clubs couldn't give a shit about the level of profits they could get from a PL club as its loose change to them and the other cash the clubs hoy around is TV and sponsor coin which I have already said must hit a ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant see it myself............the games far too spread and wide ie to many top teams competing in top leagues across europe across Europe that I cant see them all falling into line and singing from the same songsheet.......

When they all want the best players you haven't a hope in hell of getting them to all put a ceiling on things and if wages and transfer fees are still going to be in your words "silly" where are the huge profits clubs are going to make coming from..

They might get together in terms of a super league but your average punter would soon tire of both the costs in watching it and its inevitable repetitive nature.......

Who are these " ultra rich sports corporations" you refer to?

If its the clubs then its either monies gained from TV and sponsorship which I have already said must hit a ceiling or cash a mega rich owner has and couldn't give a shit about a return on it they are throwing around........

Wait till the wage cap as a % of turnover gets voted in in the Prem, it will happen and in the next few years!

Wait till the wage cap as a % of turnover gets voted in in the Prem, it will happen and in the next few years!
It would need to happen across all of Europe to have any effect..........

That will never happen theres too many conflicts and the PL would never commit hari kari and see itself unable to compete with the top clubs over there in terms of players.........

Basically Football is becoming less a sport and more a business. What businesses do you know who like to run at a constant loss?

This is all I base my assumptions on and I bet I'm not far wide of the mark.

Basically Football is becoming less a sport and more a business. What businesses do you know who like to run at a constant loss?

This is all I base my assumptions on and I bet I'm not far wide of the mark.
Its a nice notion but far too simplistic mate.................

Man Citys owners for instance have no interest at all in running it like a normal business its a plaything for them.......

You will never get football at the top level anywhere close to normal business practices ...

It would need to happen across all of Europe to have any effect..........

That will never happen theres too many conflicts and the PL would never commit hari kari and see itself unable to compete with the top clubs over there in terms of players.........

But the Prem compared to most Leagues (apart from the CL Clubs) has enough money in it to see healthy profits whilst still poaching the best talent.

Its a nice notion but far too simplistic mate.................

Man Citys owners for instance have no interest at all in running it like a normal business its a plaything for them.......

You will never get football at the top level anywhere close to normal business practices ...

I disagree again, they are laying the foundations for a self sustaining business model based on current investment(success), have you seen what they are building? That to me is laying the footprint for the future not some mere whim and fancy.

Why don't they all fuck off and form a European league, with the other bassad billionaire clubs of their ilk, and leave the grass roots teams like, Stoke , Villa, Ourselves, Burnley, and the West Broms of this country to form our own Premiership league. I'm f***ing sick of their clubs and supporters lording it over the rest, just because they can afford the 6o, 70, 80 million pound signings, and we're left just to be cannon fodder for them. BASTAAAAARDS!,,,,,,,,,,,,,gripe owwa!

Can't all win and one day at least one will implode.
Spare a thought for us with unpaid police bills, a broken scoreboard and a tannoy system that has packed up.
Money is tight but we are still trying to place decent football.

Last 3 away games maintained 63-64% of possession but need to cut out stupid schoolboy errors.

But the Prem compared to most Leagues (apart from the CL Clubs) has enough money in it to see healthy profits whilst still poaching the best talent.
Yes but the bulk of the cash goes in getting the best talent........

If they cut this off to generate the huge profits you forsee this talent then buggers off to where the rewards are greater...........

Sheik whats his face would lose face just chucking money at a pet play thing, there is real intent there.

It was a pretty serious debate until this point...........:lol:

he couldn't give a shite hes got that much of its loose change..................

The intent is so real City have the biggest wage bill of any sporting team on the planet..

Yes but the bulk of the cash goes in getting the best talent........

If they cut this off to generate the huge profits you forsee this talent then buggers off to where the rewards are greater...........

Like I say American Football, the big stars earn multi millions whereas the hoy-poly just earn millions. Barca might put a spanner in the works but not for a couple of years. Every big club would love to reduce their wage bill and at some behind closed door meeting at some point in the none too distant future it will be agreed on, I truly believe this will happen.

It was a pretty serious debate until this point...........:lol:

he couldn't give a shite hes got that much of its loose change..................

The intent is so real City have the biggest wage bill of any sporting team on the planet..

I'm on about the facilities he's investing in and the people at the top will get the cream so you front the money.

Like I say American Football, the big stars earn multi millions whereas the hoy-poly just earn millions. Barca might put a spanner in the works but not for a couple of years. Every big club would love to reduce their wage bill and at some behind closed door meeting at some point in the none too distant future it will be agreed on, I truly believe this will happen.
American football is one league in one country................

You will never get all the top European sides round the table and agree something across the board......

They have had a cursory go with FFP and its already got massive holes in it thanks to sponsorship deals at PSG funded by the owners of the club that more than doubled the yearly turnover...............

If man city cut 25% from their wage bill the £50 odd million quid is lose change as far as the owner is concerned.........

I think with Abramovich it is a play thing, there is no real infrastructure investment but with City I see I proper business plan.

American football is one league in one country................

You will never get all the top European sides round the table and agree something across the board......

They have had a cursory go with FFP and its already got massive holes in it thanks to sponsorship deals at PSG funded by the owners of the club that more than doubled the yearly turnover...............

If man city cut 25% from their wage bill the £50 odd million quid is lose change as far as the owner is concerned.........

We will agree to disagree :)

I think with Abramovich it is a play thing, there is no real infrastructure investment but with City I see I proper business plan.

We will agree to disagree :)

Bloody hell man.............the only plan is to continue to have the largest wage bill of any sporting team on the planet............:lol:

Why don't they all fuck off and form a European league, with the other bassad billionaire clubs of their ilk, and leave the grass roots teams like, Stoke , Villa, Ourselves, Burnley, and the West Broms of this country to form our own Premiership league. I'm f***ing sick of their clubs and supporters lording it over the rest, just because they can afford the 6o, 70, 80 million pound signings, and we're left just to be cannon fodder for them. BASTAAAAARDS!,,,,,,,,,,,,,gripe owwa!

Unless you lot play teams like Chelsea and City you´ll get relegated :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back