The Chelsea's and Man City/Unt's and Liverpools of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye City are planning another 12,000 seats and have spent £200 million on a training campus............

But that's not a business plan based on generating these profits you intimated were going to become the norm...........

City are at breakeven right now though.. The business plan lies within CFG really, not at a single team.

City are at breakeven right now though.. The business plan lies within CFG really, not at a single team.
having lost how much last time...........£150 million wasn't it and a monster sponsorship deal which in truth is a cash injection by your owners and a way round FFP.................:lol:

Aye City are planning another 12,000 seats and have spent £200 million on a training campus............

But that's not a business plan based on generating these profits you intimated were going to become the norm...........

Like I said we agree to disagree. It's a business now not a sport IMO.

having lost how much last time...........£150 million wasn't it and a monster sponsorship deal which in truth is a cash injection by your owners and a way round FFP.................:lol:

Bet the deal was tax deductible ;) (on the sponsors part)

Err, it's not all that long ago we were talking about a monopoly of the top 4. City weren't even in Europe.

Owt can happen.

They sharp shut that route to success though didn't they.

Unfortunately the only way we'll see a properly competitive league again is if everyone has an oil baron for an owner. Teams that threaten the status quo now are dismantled in the close season to sit on the big boys' benches.

Like I said we agree to disagree. It's a business now not a sport IMO.

Bet the deal was tax deductible ;) (on the sponsors part)
Its nothing close to any othet business on earth man......wage bills of 60/70 /80% of turnover....

I doubt the shakey gadgys who provided the sponsorship funds pay tax anway...:D

You mean £50m.. And our "monster" deal with Etihad runs at almost exactly the same numbers as Arsenals deal with Emirates, not that people bother checking such things really.

You mean £50m.. And our "monster" deal with Etihad runs at almost exactly the same numbers as Arsenals deal with Emirates, not that people bother checking such things really.
Cant look it up now but havent you had financial results with a loss 150 million and whilst you quote break even now there's probably a billion plus been written off by your owners getting you where you are now....

Arsenals deal was already in place and totally above board.

Yours appeared to get round ffp and although you will deny this comes from those linked to the owners of the club.

Just admit it instead of the pretence that you are well run and everything is above board..
Its fiddling figures but youre not the only ones doing it..

Why don't they all fuck off and form a European league, with the other bassad billionaire clubs of their ilk, and leave the grass roots teams like, Stoke , Villa, Ourselves, Burnley, and the West Broms of this country to form our own Premiership league. I'm f***ing sick of their clubs and supporters lording it over the rest, just because they can afford the 6o, 70, 80 million pound signings, and we're left just to be cannon fodder for them. BASTAAAAARDS!,,,,,,,,,,,,,gripe owwa!

Lets return to the OPs original topic eh?:
Because at the moment theyre still "in it" for the sporting side. The current situation gives their club/business four bites at the cherry thus four chances to keep their paying customers happyish/attending/shelling out (CL, PL, FAC & LC). If they were to up sticks and form a European Super league with Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, Inter, AC, PSG etc theyd reduce that to one or two competitions (if they ran a knock out cup competition anarl) in which their clubs success and the size of their own todgers would thus be judged on. A not so clever year could mean the fans have nowt to turn up for after the first few months of the season except blind loyalty.
Of course once the techies crack the internet PPV/pirate feed problem and everyone everywhere in the world can chip in a few bob to watch at home or in the office or on their phone that may be a turtley different proposition. I wish theyd hurry up.

Cant look it up now but havent you had financial results with a loss 150 million and whilst you quote break even now there's probably a billion plus been written off by your owners getting you where you are now....

Arsenals deal was already in place and totally above board.

Yours appeared to get round ffp and although you will deny this comes from those linked to the owners of the club.

Just admit it instead of the pretence that you are well run and everything is above board..
Its fiddling figures but youre not the only ones doing it..

You will not find a single accountant or financial reporter having that view.. but yeah, a bunch of sports journos that never have even heard about IAS might agree with you.

Lets return to the OPs original topic eh?:
Because at the moment theyre still "in it" for the sporting side. The current situation gives their club/business four bites at the cherry thus four chances to keep their paying customers happyish/attending/shelling out (CL, PL, FAC & LC). If they were to up sticks and form a European Super league with Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, Inter, AC, PSG etc theyd reduce that to one or two competitions (if they ran a knock out cup competition anarl) in which their clubs success and the size of their own todgers would thus be judged on. A not so clever year could mean the fans have nowt to turn up for after the first few months of the season except blind loyalty.
Of course once the techies crack the internet PPV/pirate feed problem and everyone everywhere in the world can chip in a few bob to watch at home or in the office or on their phone that may be a turtley different proposition. I wish theyd hurry up.

There will not be a "super-league".. The Germans and Italians refuse outright and the other clubs see no advantage to it.

You will not find a single accountant or financial reporter having that view.. but yeah, a bunch of sports journos that never have even heard about IAS might agree with you.

Aye of course...the deal is totally seperate from the clubs owners and its just total coincidence it appeared when ffp rules limited wage bill increases. .

And there hasnt been a billion pounds written off to get you where you are now.

And and big pink florescent fairies ftom the planet flibble live at the bottom of your garden. .

There will not be a "super-league".. The Germans and Italians refuse outright and the other clubs see no advantage to it.

I refer the honourable poster to my internet/mobile phone PAYG ESL viewing type reference. Once the pirate feeds are stopped for good and worldwide internet and phone PPV is up and running its a different whole ball game.
A club will be on the bus or dead in the water. Theyll either want to share in the US dollars that fans in NYC and Arkansas are chipping in to the collective pot alongside the Groats from the Mongolian sheepfarmer Iphone viewings and Eskimo pence from Anchorage monday night football pub broadcasts or remain content to pick up whatever their own countries versions of C4 are prepared to split with them if they can find advertisers interested enough to buy airtime. ......and thats a big if.

Aye of course...the deal is totally seperate from the clubs owners and its just total coincidence it appeared when ffp rules limited wage bill increases. .
And there hasnt been a billion pounds written off to get you where you are now.
And and big pink florescent fairies ftom the planet flibble live at the bottom of your garden. .

I think you will find that it´s the other way around.. The takeover was to provide a number of UAE multinational companies with a handy P.R/Media outlet. Since then other like say Nike, Nissan etc have joined in.

I refer the honourable poster to my internet/mobile phone PAYG ESL viewing type reference. Once the pirate feeds are stopped for good and worldwide internet and phone PPV is up and running its a different whole ball game.
A club will be on the bus or dead in the water. Theyll either want to share in the US dollars that fans in NYC and Arkansas are chipping in to the collective pot alongside the Groats from the Mongolian sheepfarmer Iphone viewings and Eskimo pence from Anchorage monday night football pub broadcasts or remain content to pick up whatever their own countries versions of C4 are prepared to split with them if they can find advertisers interested enough to buy airtime. ......and thats a big if.

But why would they need a super-league sort of?..

You will nevet stop feeds from abroad unless the pl stop selling the rights to all the games. ...

I think you will find that it´s the other way around.. The takeover was to provide a number of UAE multinational companies with a handy P.R/Media outlet. Since then other like say Nike, Nissan etc have joined in.

Aye reeto mate..:lol:

Funny thing was that Sheikh Mansours father in law failed to buy Liverpool.. How different things might have been really

Funny thing was that Sheikh Mansours father in law failed to buy Liverpool.. How different things might have been really
Where would you have been now had he done that...

Still in manchester I suppose..

I can believe some here are comparing AT Madrid to our team....They had at least Diego Costa last year while we have CW, Fletcher and Altidore.

But why would they need a super-league sort of?..

Because Bayern, Juve, Barca etc dont play in the PL.

You will nevet stop feeds from abroad unless the pl stop selling the rights to all the games. ...

I wasnt talking about the PL. Plus I mentioned TWICE that itll only happen (if it ever does) when the tinternet pirate feed situation is snuffed out. Sometimes I think your having so many arguements/debates on here at the same time that your not paying them all due care and attention!!:lol:

Because Bayern, Juve, Barca etc dont play in the PL.

I wasnt talking about the PL. Plus I mentioned TWICE that itll only happen (if it ever does) when the tinternet pirate feed situation is snuffed out. Sometimes I think your having so many arguements/debates on here at the same time that your not paying them all due care and attention!!:lol:
No but its the PL games that are the problem with these feeds you want snuffing out...........and they will never ever be stopped as long as all the rights to all the games are sold overseas............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back