The glorious north east beaches

• Thread starter the flying graysons
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Wow.
Just wow.
I grew up in the 70's and cant remember anything like that.
me too i completely agree - it looks like the 20s in that pic

north sunderland seaburn and roker beaches were always heaving as a lad - not sure now as i dont get to the sea front much

ne fucker hardly bothers with beaches now, well kids anyway, the long sands in tynemouth was always chocka when i was a kid, the open air pool anarl, my mam used to wait at the school for me & we used to go to the beach , kids would rather sit on a xbox now, didn't have owt like that years ago though , even less many years ago so was seen as a treat,i drive past it now & only surfers & dog walkers there
Logon or register to see this image

Fell in Tynemouth Open Air Pool fully dressed when I was about six. Mother went apeshit.

we go to seaburn quite a lot; it's free to park, it's nice walking along the seafront even in November and the kids love the slots

From cresswell beach up to bamburgh fantastic beaches ! When brother up from Leicester and daughter from Manchester they love to go. We probably take it for granted

Does anyone go nowadays. saw a picture on a mates face book who were back visitng shields and they were walking up the Donkey path at Marsden. The path was totally overgrown as if no one walked down it anymore.
This it what I remember of going to the beach as a kid . Now whenever you see photos it is totally and utterly deserted. Why does no one seem to make use of what is a fantastic local free resource ?

I was there.

Time changes things, that's life.
Not sure you can compare then and now with the way we are able to move around more freely.

I doubt many on that beach had been to Ponteland airport.

The beach at the grotto is shale and the waters are dangerous to swim in. A good friend of mine was killed swimming there a few weeks back. He had a heart attack after getting in to trouble.

Sandhaven and littlehaven beaches are class, plenty people on them enjoying the summer sun whenever I go down there.

Wonderful memories of the Cat and Dog steps, footy all year round on the beach, grass cliff top when the tide was in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back