The glorious north east beaches

• Thread starter the flying graysons
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone go nowadays. saw a picture on a mates face book who were back visitng shields and they were walking up the Donkey path at Marsden. The path was totally overgrown as if no one walked down it anymore.
This it what I remember of going to the beach as a kid . Now whenever you see photos it is totally and utterly deserted. Why does no one seem to make use of what is a fantastic local free resource ?
Logon or register to see this image
Cheap package holidays, and improved transport.

Who the fuck would want to holiday in this country now? Expensive and shit weather.

when the sun comes out at Blyth you'd think no fucker had ever seen sand before, gets rammed like owt. Either that or they are just all going to the chippy.

The Poor ?

Depending on what you do in this country I imagine it probably is cheaper to go abroad. You could get a crappy 3* all inc break at some scratterish resort and save money.

I did the uk thing this year and stayed in a caravan park in Lichfield for a week. Had a working canal which the bairn loved and was in easy reach of local attractions which weren't too expensive. Weather was just as good as going abroad. Finished off with Centre Parcs at Sherwood. Didn't miss going abroad at all.

The Poor ?
The f***ing poor???

we're not talking about popping to the beach for a day here, I'm talking about like the long holidays to the coast in the black and white days that most families did. It's cheaper for the poor to fuck off for a week in Benidorm these days than hang around this country now.

Does anyone go nowadays. saw a picture on a mates face book who were back visitng shields and they were walking up the Donkey path at Marsden. The path was totally overgrown as if no one walked down it anymore.
This it what I remember of going to the beach as a kid . Now whenever you see photos it is totally and utterly deserted. Why does no one seem to make use of what is a fantastic local free resource ?
Logon or register to see this image
because they're all in spain mate

The f***ing poor???

we're not talking about popping to the beach for a day here, I'm talking about like the long holidays to the coast in the black and white days that most families did. It's cheaper for the poor to fuck off for a week in Benidorm these days than hang around this country now.
Not if you are in the north east it isn't. .is it?

Not if you are in the north east it isn't. .is it?
Tourism in this country is an expensive business IMO.

I stayed in the UK for a fortnight this year, with four days spent in Centre Parcs, a few days up a family owned caravan, and just dodging about the rest of the days.

Earlier in the year declined an offer to join my sister and her family on a family holiday to Turkey, in a 4 star all inclusive hotel because I couldn't afford it.

I worked out how much I'd spent over the fortnight and id have actually saved money if id went to Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back